Persistence of Mana
|Prerequisites:||Circle 20, Sanctify Pattern|
|Mana Type:||Holy Magic|
|Spell Type:||ritual / augmentation|
|Prep (min/max):||150 / 700|
|Skill Range (min/max):||80 / 800|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Duration (min/max):||30 minutes / 90 minutes|
|Description:||Through intense study and concentration, the Holy Mage learns to build upon what they have learned from Meraud's Gift. The Persistence of Mana spell will allow him to rend apart the normal boundaries of his magical prowess, extending those horizons to new heights. The process is painful and taxing upon his concentration, but the rewards are quite bountiful -- as long as the spell remains in effect, his ability to harness and regenerate mana will be bolstered.|
|Effect:||+Attunement skill, +Attunement pool regeneration|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture your arms in a wide arc, slowly bringing your hands together to steeple your fingers.
The mental strain of this pattern is considerably eased by your ritual focus.
A searing pain spreads through your fingertips, washing up through your arms until it burns through every vein in your body. Your vision goes black, yet you feel no respite from the torturous pain.
The pain bores deeper into your body, the energy of your spell carving into your nervous system like molten knives.
You feel the horizons of your magical senses being torn asunder, stretched beyond their normal bounds.
Your spell finally takes full shape, and a vast aural emptiness blots out the pain as quickly as it had come. Your magical senses tingle, your ability to sustain the fatigues of spellcasting heightened.
Slowly you relax the pose of your hands, allowing the cramping muscles a moment of serenity.
<Cleric> gestures his arms in a wide arc, slowly bringing his hands together to steeple his fingers.
<Cleric>'s eyes flare with an ethereal blue glow as his body grows rigid, contorting against the unmistakable throes of great pain.
<Cleric> trembles in pain, his steepled fingers fused together in concentration.
Traces of ethereal blue light flicker over <Cleric>'s form, like tendrils of unnatural lightning. His face contorts in agony, eyes rolling back into his head as he attempts to retain concentration.
<Cleric>'s morbid grimace softens a shade as he slowly relaxes the vigilant pose of his hands, seeming more tranquil than before.
- To successfully cast one of the Ritual spells you must use of a ritual focus. There are two options:
- Spellbook-specific foci, such as the pale blue-lacquered inkwell, can be used to cast Persistence of Mana without the Improvised Rituals magical feat.
- Universal or realm-attuned foci, such as the slender alabaster staff with a silver cobra coiled along it, require the magical feat Improvised Rituals. (Realm-attuned foci are ones that are compatible with all spells of a given mana type.)
- There is a stun (approximately 30 seconds) that accompanies this spell, along with some atmospheric messaging that you have to wait for. As expected with a ritual spell, make sure you have some measure of safety when casting.
- The stun can be avoided by recasting the spell before the previous duration has ended.
- Can be placed in an Osrel Meraud Orb.
- When active, reduces the Cleric's time to harness mana by 1 second. (To a minimum of 1 second, 2 total if using INFUSE)