|Prerequisites:||Circle 25, Minor Physical Protection|
|Mana Type:||Holy Magic|
|Spell Type:||battle / warding|
|Prep (min/max):||30 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||250 / 1000|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Duration (min/max):||2 minutes / 10 minutes|
|Description:||For thousands of years, priests of different stripes have been summoning entities from the Starry Road, where existence is defined by spirit and consciousness. In the cycle of spiritual matter, constantly replenished from mortal souls and the gods themselves, there are willful beings capable of manifesting in our plane. Whether by divine authority or whatever afterlife motives they might have, the spirits answer Holy magic and come to our aid. In particular, those of the 'genus' called by the Sanyu Lyba spell have an affinity for magical guardianship, besetting any spellcaster who would imperil their ward.|
|Effect:||Reactive and non-protective anti-magic defense.|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.|
You open your arms in a hieratic gesture of summoning.
The watchsoul discovers SoandSo, ruining her hiding place!
|Contest Type:||spirit / willpower|
- This spell summons a spirit creature that will react to a spell cast at the cleric by afflicting its caster with a Huldah's Pall equivalent afterwards (preventing further spellcasting by the caster). It doesn't act as a barrier and cannot react too often.
- Can be placed into the Osrel Meraud orb.
- Can be infused, causing the spirit creature to leave it's host, allowing spellcasting from that host or to seek a new target.
- Similar to Shadow Servants, these creatures change type/prefix based on your character name. (Blind, Solemn, etc). This is purely a fluff effect, and has no bearing on it's effectiveness.
- Interestingly enough, your Sanyu Lyba spirit will automatically point and detect hidden targets in the room for you, based on your perception.