Perseverance of Peri'el
|Prerequisites:||Circle 30, Tranquility and Iron Constitution|
|Mana Type:||Life Magic|
|Spell Type:||ritual / warding|
|Prep (min/max):||300 / 800|
|Skill Range (min/max):||250 / 1000|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Duration (min/max):||30 minutes / 90 minutes|
|Description:||What cannot be avoided, must be endured. This spell imbues the caster with inner reserves of fortitude and vitality, allowing him prevent the pain and suffering that accompany insults to the body in combat. The pattern's name alludes to the Goddess Peri'el's persistence during her mythical battle against the fearsome World Dragon -- despite grievous injuries, the Goddess persevered, and in the end it was her actions which subdued that terrible beast.|
|Effect:||ablative vitality barrier|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.
You take a few calming breaths, allowing the pattern settle deep within you, creating an inner reserve of vitality.
- Ritual spells may require the use of a ritual focus.
- The strength of the barrier is reflected in the power perceive messaging:
- You sense a supreme manifestation of the Naming of Tears spell, which should last for about eighteen roisaen.
- You sense a deep-seated manifestation of the Naming of Tears spell, which should last for about twelve roisaen.
- You sense a moderate manifestation of the Naming of Tears spell, which should last for about thirteen roisaen.
- You sense a mild manifestation of the Naming of Tears spell, which should last for about seven roisaen.
- You sense a superficial manifestation of the Naming of Tears spell, which should last for about two roisaen.
- "It's a new kind of barrier spell. It will absorb vit damage rather than wounds, though exactly how this ends up working is TBD. Since it's not released yet, it may still end up being significantly changed from the way I've outlined it here, so please take that into account. . . . It will only absorb damage that happens in combat, just like the standard damage barriers. So it won't work for vit hits that you get through transferring vitality, bleeding, exploding boxes, etc." --GM Melete