|Mana Type:||Lunar Magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||15 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||80 / 800|
|Valid Spell Target:||Special|
|Duration (min/max):||30 minutes / 90 minutes|
|Description:||A spell for emergencies, Contingency will teleport the mage, should he die, become stunned, or disabled, to the location of either his moonbeam or to the feet of the person he is linked with via Seer's Sense. It can also be intentionally invoked. Like all teleport magic, it requires that the moons are visible, or the Contingency spell will fail.|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.
You suddenly feel mystically attuned to your Xibar moonbeam.
The following table lists the approximate amount of mana required to open a gate at a given distance in zones as determined by the zone map. This data was collected with a 100% Potency, 100% Duration and 100% integrity spell stance.
|Distance||Mainland only||Islands only||Island to Mainland||Braun's Conjecture|
|Mainland only||Islands only||Island to Mainland|
|0 zones||17 Mana||17 Mana||-||?||?||-|
|1 zone||17 Mana||17 Mana||-||?||?||-|
|2 zones||17 Mana||17 Mana||?||?||?||?|
|3 zones||21 Mana||21 Mana||?||?||?||?|
|4 zones||23 Mana||-||?||?||-||?|
|5 zones||25 Mana||-||?||?||-||?|
|6 zones||28 Mana||-||?||?||-||?|
|7 zones||32 Mana||-||32 Mana||?||-||?|
|8 zones||36 Mana||-||?||?||-||?|
|9 zones||41 Mana||-||?||?||-||?|
|10 zones||46 Mana||-||?||?||-||?|
|11 zones||51 Mana||-||-||?||-||-|
|12 zones||57 Mana||-||-||?||-||-|
- Valid targets are Katamba, Xibar, Yavash, or a player character you have an active Seer's Sense link with. In all cases the teleport is still self only.
- If using a Seer's Sense link then a moon is still required, but it doesn't matter which one as long as one is available at the time the teleport is triggered.
- You may INVOKE CONTINGENCY when you have the Contingency spell on you to manually trigger the spell.
- Has the same requirements and effects as Teleport, including distance modifiers, stuns, and moon requirement, except that a Seer's Sense link can be used as an end-point instead of a moonbeam if desired.
- Teleporting between the islands of Qi'Reshalia requires more mana, and teleporting between the mainland and the islands requires even more. This uses a similar modifier calculation to Moongate.
- Utility skill determines the odds of the spell triggering.
- Braun's Conjecture's effects are checked at the time of casting the spell and not at the time of the teleport triggering.