Barely two feet long and made of dense chiton and sinew, the westanuryn resembles an oversized, nightmarish scorpion, right down to the vicious looking stinger held aloft in perpetual readiness. Lined along its front claws are jagged armor plates, most likely used to burrow through sand and dirt at speed, and provide additional protection from struggling prey to the front.
Westanuryn is Gamgweth for Desert Scorpion.
The Mottled Westanuryn apparently likes desert mazes because it has inhabited both the Velaka Desert and the M'riss Dunes of Despair. The Velaka Desert is a maze that is always randomly changing. Westanuryn can no longer be found in the Dunes of Despair - they have been replaced by Juvenile Desert Armadillo, Adult Desert Armadillo, and Elder Desert Armadillo.
- Poison Stinger: A mottled westanuryn lurches forward to stab a pointed stinger at you!
- Failure to Avoid: The mottled westanuryn's stinger lashes at you. The stinger lands a light hit that lodges in your left leg!
- Successful Avoid: The mottled westanuryn's stinger lashes at you. You quickly step aside.
- The severity of poison is based on how solid the hit was.
- The poison does nerve damage (I think), but does not cause stun, but any hit will cause some. The poison seems to only do minor vitality damage.
- The poison can be overcome by Thief poison purge or Paladin Courage spell.
- The westanuryn is immune to puncture.
- The westanuryn stinger can be used to make Westanuryn Oil, a poison.
- Mottled Westanuryn are a player created mob created by the winning group of the hunting area creation contest at simucon 99