Adult desert armadillo
Thick, articulated hide plating covers the desert armadillo from its dripping, twitchy snout to its barbed tail. Perfectly adapted to blend into a desert environment, the animal's coloration is a mottled patchwork of sand and tan. With powerful claws for digging protective burrows, a barbed tail, and flexible plating that allows the creature to roll itself up tightly, the armadillo appears well built to defend itself.
Webbing: An adult desert armadillo rears up and spews forth a blast of stringy white webbing at you!
- Standard Attacks: Armadillos use their claws to swipe, swing, slash, and lash at opponents.
- Armadillo Shields: Armadillos use their scale plating as an extraordinarily effective shield. Players should use attacks that bypass shield, such as the Lightning Bolt spell, or use blunt weapons to attack.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying nothing!
The Dunes of Despair is a vast maze, but it is stable, so if you can read the twisted map you might be able to escape. The Dunes of Despair used to be inhabited by westanuryn and mihmen, but they have been replaced by adult and elder armadillos.
Armadillos were introduced into DragonRealms in early 2007. They first appeared as part of an invasion on the Northern Trade Route along side War Mammoths and other upper level creatures. They were a devestating force, especially the Elder Desert Armadillo. However, since that first invasion their skill level has become even higher.
- Stealths cap UNDER 1400 ranks. My lowest stealth at time of testing was 1400, and I learned nothing. Elders still teach a nice bit above this.
- Perception from HUNT and spotting Adults caps at LESS than 1350 perception.
- Per Madigan, 552 skinning seems gets about 30-40% success rate for skinning without any arranges.