Elder desert armadillo
|Missing or Incomplete Creature Information Needed|
|To add any of the missing information listed above, use THIS FORM.|
Thick, articulated hide plating covers the desert armadillo from its dripping, twitchy snout to its barbed tail. Perfectly adapted to blend into a desert environment, the animal's coloration is a mottled patchwork of sand and tan. With powerful claws for digging protective burrows, a barbed tail, and flexible plating that allows the creature to roll itself up tightly, the armadillo appears well built to defend itself.
Webbing: An elder desert armadillo rears up and spews forth a blast of stringy white webbing at you!
- Standard Attacks: Armadillos use their claws to swipe, swing, slash, and lash at opponents.
- Armadillo Shields: Armadillos use their scale plating as an extraordinarily effective shield. Players should use attacks that bypass shield, such as the Lightning Bolt spell, or use blunt weapons to attack.
It is wearing nothing!
It is carrying nothing!
The Dunes of Despair is a vast maze, but it is stable, so if you can read the twisted map you might be able to escape. The Dunes of Despair used to be inhabited by westanuryn and mihmen, but they have been replaced by armadillos.
Armadillos were introduced into DragonRealms in early 2007. They first appeared as part of an invasion on the Northern Trade Route along side War Mammoths and other upper level creatures. In some respects, such as ranged-defense due to their shields, they are the hardest non-invasion creature in the game. In most other respects the newer Dragon Priest Intercessors are the hardest non-invasion creature in the game.
- Defenses used to hard cap at 1385 with 4 elders on you. Since then, defensive learning has been changed to allow you to extend this, albeit at a very slow learning rate.
- Requires roughly 775 skinning to be able to succeed about 25% of the time without arranging
- TM caps at about 1650, but slows dramatically before this.
- MO hard caps at 745 with 4 elders on you.
- Soft caps on defense at 1070.