|Prerequisites:||Circle 100, Moongate, Seer's Sense|
|Mana Type:||Lunar magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||40 / 120|
|Skill Range (min/max):||400 / 1250|
|Valid Spell Target:||PC|
|Description:||Riftal Summons opens a temporary rift between the magician and a subject under the influence of a Seer's Sense link or who that has been recently Located. While the rift exists, the subject can go through it to arrive at the location where the magician cast his spell. Due to interference from the link, the coloration of the rift is known to be... odd. However, no adverse effects have been reported. Yet.|
|Effect:||teleport PC to your location|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.|
You focus your magical energies and sense a celestial rift open up near <target>.
Flickering <color> radiance erupts from seemingly nowhere, forming a jagged rift in the air. <Player> steps out from within the light, followed by a gust of chill winds. The rift vanishes as swiftly as it appeared.
The following table lists the approximate amount of mana required to open a rift at a given distance in zones as determined by the zone map.
|Distance||Mainland only||Islands only||Island to Mainland||Seer's Sense||Braun's Conjecture|
|Mainland only||Islands only||Island to Mainland||Seer's Sense|
|Mainland only||Islands only||Island to Mainland||Mainland only||Islands only||Island to Mainland|
|0 zones||40 Mana||44 Mana||-||40 Mana||43 Mana||-||?||?||-||?||?||-|
|1 zone||40 Mana||44 Mana||-||40 Mana||43 Mana||-||?||?||-||?||?||-|
|2 zones||42 Mana||49 Mana||59 Mana||41 Mana||45 Mana||51 Mana||?||?||<56 mana||?||?||?|
|3 zones||43 Mana||52 Mana||63 Mana||42 Mana||47 Mana||53 Mana||?||?||?||?||?||?|
|4 zones||44 Mana||-||67 Mana||43 Mana||-||56 Mana||?||-||?||?||-||?|
|5 zones||46 Mana||-||72 Mana||44 Mana||-||59 Mana||?||-||?||?||-||?|
|6 zones||49 Mana||-||77 Mana||45 Mana||-||62 Mana||?||-||?||?||-||?|
|7 zones||52 Mana||-||83 Mana||47 Mana||-||65 Mana||?||-||?||?||-||?|
|8 zones||55 Mana||-||?||49 Mana||-||69 Mana||?||-||?||?||-||?|
|9 zones||59 Mana||-||?||51 Mana||-||73 Mana||?||-||?||?||-||?|
|10 zones||63 Mana||-||?||53 Mana||-||77 Mana||?||-||?||?||-||?|
|11 zones||67 Mana||-||-||57 Mana||-||-||?||-||?||?||-||?|
|12 zones||72 Mana||-||-||59 Mana||-||-||?||-||?||?||-||?|
- The absence of visible moons in the sky above make casting this spell impossible.
- No longer requires a Seer's Sense link in order to function, although it is easier to cast on someone when linked to them this way.
- Locate a target in order to be able to summon them without a Seer's Sense link.
- This actually allows you to cast the rift on anyone in the room you located while the locate effect lingers, even if they were not originally in the room at the time of the locate.
- This is the same lingering effect that backtrace detects, so you have approximately a minute to cast the rift.
- A Seer's Sense link grants around a one zone increase in range and does not require them to be located first.
- In either case, the target voluntarily decides whether to step through the rift or not.
- Travel is no longer temporary as it was in previous incarnations.
- Potential distance is based on the mana used.
- Summoning between the islands of Qi'Reshalia requires more mana, and summoning between the mainland and the islands requires even more. This uses a similar modifier calculation to Moongate.
- It is possible to have more than one rift at the same time, even to the same location and/or person.
- Possible rift colors (likely incomplete): amaranth, blue, brass-colored, brown, carmine, chestnut, cobalt, cyan, grey, indigo, lavender, maroon, mauve, mint green, moss-green, orange, peach, pear-colored, periwinkle, pink, purple-blue, rose, rust-colored, saffron, scarlet, sepia, sky blue, yellow, yellow-green.
- Highlighting the messaging A gaping rift will catch all incoming rift messaging; making it much easier to see when someone is riftally summoning you. It's recommended that you clue your targets in on this as it'll save you time and mana.