The windboard is a complex device that can be mounted for travel
that circumvents survival skillcheck barriers. Windboard commands teach athletics while mounted (2 minute cooldown) and output various roleplaying messages.
Does not circumvent survival skillchecks as far as I can tell. 11/12/2020
11/27/22 Spoke with a Gamehost who confirmed that Windboards are not meant to be like flying brooms or flying carpets and are not intended to bypass skill checks on climbable objects or over any bodies of water (even a small stream or lake or tiny step), if you can successfully climb or swim you will move and you will stay mounted, but it is otherwise normal climbing and swimming.
Windboards can hold up to 50 charges, charges are not used for dismounted verbs, mounting, moving rooms or dismounting.
Charges are consumed for all mounted verbs. Charges are also consumed on a "time mounted" basis, possibly 1 charge per every 5 or 10 minutes.
Mounted verbs have multiple stages of failure or success based on the rider's athletics, failures teach a lot more than successes.
Windboards can be recharged by an Elemental magic user at 5 mana per charge up to 50 charges.
Charging syntax: Charge Windboard <# of mana>
Small magical currents trace across the surface of the windboard.
You recognize the pattern as a manifestation of Elemental magic.
The pattern appears to be Air Manipulation.
You believe that the <XXXX> windboard is designed to hover in the air a few inches off the ground when you MOUNT it.
- TAP: You drum your fingers on your <XXXX> windboard and then spin it on the tips of your fingers. Light as a feather!
- WAVE: You take one end of your <XXXX> windboard and wave it over your head. It feels almost weightless in your hands.
- RUB: You lightly polish the surface of your <XXXX> windboard, getting rid of any scuff marks or bits of dirt it may have accrued.
- RAISE: You take your <XXXX> windboard in one hand and raise it over your head with a shout of triumph!
- JUMP: You jump up and down while holding the <XXXX> windboard in your arms. It'd probably be a lot more fun if you were standing on it.
- CLEAN: You dust off the surface of your <XXXX> windboard, shaking the dirt off both the top and the bottom.
- TOSS: You toss your <XXXX> windboard from one hand to the other, letting it float in the air briefly before coming back down again.
- POKE: You poke at the magical devices that cover the bottom of the <XXXX> windboard. They're rather confusing looking.
- TURN: You place the <XXXX> windboard on the tip of your index finger and let it slowly turn in circles like a windmill.
- LICK: You lick the edge of your <XXXX> windboard. It tastes like the dust from the road.
- HUG: You hug your <XXXX> windboard tightly to your chest and then realize it's a windboard, not a teddy bear.
- PINCH: You lightly pinch the back edge of your <XXXX> windboard in your fingertips, then let the windboard dangle lightly in the air.
- FLIP: You flip the <XXXX> windboard up into the air where it spins over on end several times before finally floating back down into your hands. Nice!
- TILT: You tilt the <XXXX> windboard back and forth, letting the surface of it glisten.
- MOUNT: You put your <XXXX> windboard down and it starts floating a few inches above the ground! You step onto it carefully, and start hovering a few inches above the ground along with it!
These Verbs teach Athletics once every 2 minutes and consume one charge.
Movement (while mounted): You zoom [direction], riding on your <XXXX> windboard.
- TAP: You kneel on the <XXXX> windboard and tap your fingers on both sides of it, getting a good grip on it. You kick off and start sliding the board around over the ground, then carefully kick both legs into the air, doing an impressive handstand as you ride! After a few moments you lower yourself back onto the board.
- PULL: You skillfully grab the top edge of the <XXXX> windboard and pull it upwards, riding the back low to the ground and pushing forward as it stays suspended a few inches off the ground. You do several sharp turns and one flip as you make a wide circle in the ground, then do an impressive turn that brings you to a halt.
- WAVE: You expertly balance on the <XXXX> windboard and spread your arms out to your sides, waving them back and forth to keep balance. You slide the <XXXX> windboard forward, gaining momentum and going faster and faster. Suddenly, you kick your foot and launch into the air, doing a forward flip! You finish the maneuver with a look of concentration on your face.
- RUB: You skillfully rub the sole of one foot against the <XXXX> windboard while pushing strongly off the ground with the other, getting a fast speed going and then lifting both legs into the air, bringing the windboard up with you! The windboard scrapes the ground lightly as you land, then starts floating again.
- RAISE: You gracefully raise your arms above your head and start rapidly spinning the <XXXX> windboard under your feet, making numerous small jumps. You get a strong pace going and the world blurs as you spin on the <XXXX> windboard, then slow down as you lower your arms, eventually coming to a stop.
- JUMP: You strongly push off, preparing to make a jump on the <XXXX> windboard. After gaining a rapid speed, you kick off the windboard and make an impressive jump, gaining a good three feet of air before landing back onto the windboard and carrying through with your momentum.
- CLEAN: You strongly glide forward and then suddenly turn, making a strong sweeping motion with the back of your <XXXX> windboard and tilting at a dangerously low angle. The motion kicks up an impressive cloud of debris from the ground and sprays it in a wide arc.
- TOSS: You jump off the <XXXX> windboard and toss it strongly forward, then take a running start and gracefully leap onto it. You coast along for a while, keeping your balance, until you twist your body in a half turn that brings the windboard to a stop.
- POKE: You very strongly drop the front of the <XXXX> windboard forward by driving your toe into the ground. Then you turn completely around, riding the windboard backwards instead. You swing yourself in a wide circle, tilting back and forth in a tight weave, then finally stopping by making a tight turn.
- TURN: You use your foot to casually turn the <XXXX> windboard onto its side and then you jump onto it, crouching slightly and spreading out your arms to balance on it flawlessly. You keep yourself steady, then casually kick the windboard, letting it flip upright and then jumping down onto it.
- LICK: You lick your fingers and casually test the wind, then lean your <XXXX> windboard into it and gain a burst of momentum. The breeze gives you a great burst of speed, and you use it to crouch down and do a handspring on the windboard! You land with both feet on the windboard, and swing around to a stop.
- HUG: You hug your arms tightly to your chest and start swinging your feet gracefully back and forth, building up momentum quickly. Moving your feet in a figure eight, you get an impressive amount of momentum going and your feet become a blur of motion. You end the movement with an impressive double flip on the windboard, finally coming to a stop.
- PINCH: You crouch down catlike on the <XXXX> windboard and pinch the top edge, gracefully kicking off the ground to sail forward. Extending your back leg to use it as a rudder, you steer yourself in graceful circles, finally coming to a stop with a slow spin.
- FLIP: You gracefully veer around and move into position to do a backflip on the <XXXX> windboard. You use the momentum to swing your entire body upside-down in agraceful backflip. You cleanly land back on your feet on the windboard, bringing your legs around to gracefully stop yourself.
- TILT: You tilt your body back and forth on the <XXXX> windboard to drive yourself forward at a rapid pace. After gaining a good bit of momentum, you use your feet to flip the windboard in a triple spin! You expertly land on the windboard with both feet and do a little half circle to bring the windboard to a stop.
- DISMOUNT: You step off your <XXXX> windboard, grabbing it carefully afterwards and letting its magic dissipate.
Related Forum Posts