The following procedure is used to start a climbing practice session.
- Hold the dancing rope in your hands (your other hand must be free)
- HUM <SONG>
- CLIMB PRACTICE ROPE
The table below approximates the Athletics training range for each song. This table is not precise since ranges will overlap. In general, you will want to hum the most difficult song and still be able to climb the rope. Using playing zills as a baseline for the chart below.
Available Song types (from easiest to hardest): scales (ruff), arpeggios (rudiments), ditty, folk, ballad, waltz, lullaby, march, jig, lament, wedding, hymn, rumba, polka, battle, reel, elegy, serenade, minuet, psalm, dirge, gavotte, tango, tarantella, bolero, nocturne, requiem, fantasia, rondo, aria, sonata, and concerto.
Dancing ropes are classified into tiers based on their limitations.
- Limited by having a number of charges
- With this tier, the rope will only work a certain number of times. It could be set to self-destruct when it runs out of charges, or to just be no longer dance-y. This is the 'lowest' tier of dancing rope. Not many (if any) of these types of ropes have been released.
- Limited by minutes of use per day
- With this tier, the rope has X number of minutes it can be used per day. It's written so that a person could decide to use all of their minutes up in just one use if they really want to, or they could test the rope out for a few seconds, but still have most of their total time to split between the remaining uses per day. There is no forced cooldown between uses for this tier until all of the minutes of use for the day are used up. This is the type that the shimmering faeweave ropes from the Quest for Kanton's Dagger are set up to be, and they start with four minutes of use per day. These ropes are compatible with potency crystals to increase the minutes of use per day.
- This tier says what it does and does what it says: there are no restrictions on how often they can be used, or for how long that use can last. This tier includes auction-level dancing ropes such as the elaborately knotted climbing rope woven with platinum threading and the dark climbing rope woven with strangely glowing threads from the Supply Wagon of the Return to Ulf'Hara Keep microtransaction event.