A Wayerd pyramid is used to dry herbs as the first step in preparing a potion. To use the standard pyramid you must be outside with the sun visible.
- OPEN <PYRAMID TYPE>
- PUT <THE HERBS YOU WANT TO DRY> IN MY <PYRAMID TYPE>
- CLOSE <PYRAMID TYPE>
- LOWER <GROUND/RIGHT/LEFT>: To lower it at your feet.
Pyramids will not work when tied to your body or placed inside a container. As long as it is in the sun the pyramid will emit a low humming noise as the sun's rays shine down on it a couple times a minute. Pyramids will continue to hum as long as there is sun (or mana for cambrinth pyramids) to power them; even after completion of drying. It is recommended you set a highlight string for the messaging that signifies completion. The messaging reads: After several moments a high-pitched humming resonates from the <name of your particular pyramid>.
When you see the completion messaging it's time to OPEN your pyramid. If you haven't set the highlight string, or you missed it, you'll have to check the contents of the pyramid after a few minutes. The total number of parts in your pyramid and the quality of the sun (how bright it is and how cloudy the sky is) influences how quickly your pyramid will dry your herbs.
Cambrinth Wayerd pyramids
Wayerd pyramids also come in the cambrinth variety, although these are rarer. Cambrinth Wayerd pyramids may be used at any time, in any weather and even indoors. In order to use a cambrinth Wayerd pyramid, you must CHARGE <PYRAMID TYPE> <#>, while it is in your hand or at your feet. Do not INVOKE your pyramid. If you INVOKE the pyramid it will function as cambrinth to power your spells rather than drying it's contents. Each kind of cambrinth pyramid, no matter what it looks like, can hold a maximum of 10 mana, and each hum of the pyramid uses one mana stream. Like mundane Wayerd pyramids, a cambrinth Wayerd pyramid must be closed to function.
>charge pyramid 10
You harness some energy and attempt to channel it into your Wayerd pyramid.
The Wayerd pyramid absorbs all of the energy.
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
You lower the Wayerd pyramid with a cambrinth capstone and place it on the ground at your feet.
The Wayerd pyramid emits a low humming noise drawing power from its cambrinth capstone.
Pyramids are extremely difficult to transport due to their size. There are a few options available.
- canvas sack - 1 per sack, shoulder worn.
- mesh sack from leth
- The straps of an oilcloth rucksack - 2 per rucksack (1 per strap), back worn.
- leather thigh bag heavily-beaded in cambrinth with the image of a horned owl - This and similar thigh bags from the Forever_Faithful shop during the Hollow Eve festivals, holds 1 pyramid.
- wide flamewood foraging basket - this and similar foraging baskets from Weelegend's Wagon (Theren Festival, 2004?) hold 1 pyramid each .
- battered canvas sack covered in stains - From the Dry_Bones shop during the Hollow Eve festivals, holds 1 pyramid.
- Gorbesh catapult basket - 2 per basket, shoulder worn.
- The original large "Hand-stitched traveler's pack" will hold 5 pyramids.
- origami sampler sack - Estate Holder gift when the origami system was released/new. Shoulder worn, 10 stone, holds 1 pyramid.
- Reinforced zenganne sack banded by thick leather belts - MT Sleeping Dragon Corn Maze 428/End loot,MT Sleeping Dragon Corn Maze 432/End loot
|Item:Bamboo-edged wayerd pyramid||false||very ineffective||4||appreciably susceptible||7||well||7|
|Item:Battered Wayerd pyramid||false||true|
|Item:Bone-trimmed wayerd pyramid||false||very ineffective||4||appreciably susceptible||7||well||7|
|Item:Sand dune molded from cloudy yellow glass||false|
|Item:Silver-edged wayerd pyramid||false|
|Item:Wayerd pyramid (1)||false||true|
|Sand dune molded from cloudy yellow glass||false||not very effective||5||average construction||9||masterfully||12|
|Silver-edged Wayerd pyramid||false||very ineffective||4||appreciably susceptible||7||well||7|
|Alabaster-trimmed Wayerd pyramid carved in relief with ivy||true||very ineffective||4||appreciably susceptible||7||well||7|
|Angular Wayerd pyramid inlaid with cambrinth moons||true||rather effective||7||quite guarded||12||masterfully||12|
|... further results|