Why were all of the entries on various Therens moved to this one article? I don't understand the reasoning behind this at all. Furthermore, wiping all of the content from the old pages is pretty crappy. Why was this done? --Basselope 01:38, 21 October 2007 (CDT)
- Hmm I know this is a pretty old comment... but what were you talking about?--Naeya (talk) 23:55, 5 December 2007 (CST)
Move to Category:Theren
This page does not appear to have many (any?) pages linking to it. Furthermore, the title is cumbersome. I suggest moving it to the Category:Theren page, which I plan to expand in the somewhat-near future. This would put all of the family information in one place while also providing a nice automatic list of Therens. Objections? --Basselope 18:19, 6 November 2007 (CST)
- Go ahead and copy the info over and maybe try to make it look a little neater. I don't think the headers are necessary for this kind of article listing as it is. You won't be able to move it because a) the target page already exists and b) you can't move pages to categories.--Naeya (talk) 22:33, 5 December 2007 (CST)
- I'm going to rewrite the article on the house and edit the individual NPC article for the new [[Category:Theren]]. Maje 22:39, 5 December 2007 (CST)
Hmm would it be best to move all to Category:House Theren or something more descriptive than just Theren? I'm not familiar with all the Therengian houses, but something like that might suit it better. Up to you guys.--Naeya (talk) 23:36, 5 December 2007 (CST)
- I looked at articles like Weyato and Dunshade when I thought about switching it to Theren. The individual houses are just the names of the family that make up the 13 houses of Therengia. Looking at some of the other articles in Category:Families this seems to be the norm to list by surname. If you wanted to create a [:Category:Morzindaen] (noble families of Therengia) along with one for each of the individual provinces ruling families like say... [:Category:Council of Advisors] for Ratha that's an option. Maje 23:43, 5 December 2007 (CST)
- I disagree on the move, for two reasons.
- Firstly, this article is far too large to be placed as the header article on a category page. IMO the article info at the top of a category page should be as brief as possible, and function only to introduce or explain the category. When the header article on a category page becomes so long that you have to scroll way down to see the category member listing, it is IMO cumbersome, confusing, and anti-intuitive. I know it has become a more and more common practice here to merge articles and categories that have the same name, but IMO there is nothing wrong having a category and an article, both with the same name. Categories and articles are different.
- Secondly, I think this page is poorly named. It should be named "House of Theren". "Theren" should be a disambiguation page since Theren is also a commonly used abbreviated name for Therenborough.
- --Farman 23:53, 5 December 2007 (CST)
- At least in the case of the category (the article is a separate issue), I don't see using "Theren" as problematic. Anything falling into that category should be a member of House Theren, not something that can be found in Therenborough. The latter would be a really dumb category. --Basselope 00:04, 6 December 2007 (CST)
- Errr. just found this... btw - Great_Houses_of_Therengia LOL - Kinda a big mess here.--Naeya (talk) 00:46, 6 December 2007 (CST)
- Since this article seems to be just a timeline of the Therens... and the details here are on the individual pages, I think we can safely scrap this article in favor of the category, since the large article isn't necessary. Perhaps a short timeline can be made for the Therens in an article and put in Category:Theren. Other than that, I see no further use of this article.--Naeya (talk) 02:39, 6 December 2007 (CST)
- Yeah this whole section needs someone to adopt it ;) --Farman 20:22, 6 December 2007 (CST)
Basselhope (or whomever)... I've added Category:Theren to the new Category:Great Houses of Therengia. I someone could please salvage what information is on this page (Theren) as possible, and then prepare it for deletion, that would be great. It seems that all the information on this article is also included in the individuals, so if the Category:Theren is expanded properly, this article no longer has a use. Since I won't be the one expanding it, I'll leave it to an "expert" to deem what is salvageable here.--Naeya (talk) 23:13, 8 December 2007 (CST)