Rock troll (1)
- There are other pages that use the name "Rock Troll." Follow the link for more details.
The troll towers menacingly over you, its small, beady black eyes glittering with a dim, cruel intelligence and set into a face that is pock-marked and surmounted by an incredibly long and wart-covered nose. Its skin is a grey slate color, and the nails on its hideous hands are broken and yellowed. Beneath them, you notice bits of flesh and dirt, and the stench of rotting flesh and decay is thick about the brutal creature.
Slate grey and hulking, the rock troll seems built to intimidate, its body covered in large muscles designed to crush its prey. Tiny eyes set in a large face are surrounded by wrinkled flesh, pockmarked and pitted. Smudges of dirt and decay coat its skin and broken, yellowed fingernails tip the fingers and toes.
West of Kaerna Village, Climb barrier to enter/exit hunting area. Past the rockslide they tend to swarm.
Rock Trolls are difficult to train with and occupy a narrow range where they train poorly at too high of ranks and are too dangerous at too low of ranks.</br>
Was able to lock evasion at 72 ranks and unable to get over 1/34 at 74 ranks (January 2015). Targeted Magic soft capped at 72 or so, but didn't hard cap until 90 (June 2015). Tactics hard cap at 90 (December 2016).
Rock trolls can cast Tremor.
It tends to be quite harmless.
- APPRAISE CAREFUL info: NONE. However,
Rock trolls are immune to stuns, both physical and magical.
For example, they are immune to Thunderclap:
A great clap of thunder booms through the area, rattling the teeth in your jaw.
A rock troll is not bothered by the noise.
- It is wearing a studded leather breastplate/a leather cuirbouilli coat.
- It is carrying a sharp pine sapling.
- Boxes require 40 ranks of Lockpicking & Disarm
- Boxes continue to teach well at 120 ranks Locksmithing & 130 ranks Perception.
-- Ranger with 54/48 Disarm/Lockpicking, 117 Perception, 18 Agility can open boxes without much trouble
- ARRANGE INFO: The troll can be arranged to produce a skin or bone.
Skin (grey troll skin)
- Unarranged max value: 143 Kronars. High Quality (70) - work loose a sterling example of a grey troll skin
- Arranged max value: 163 Kronars. Perfect Quality (99) - retrieve a perfect skin
Bone (troll bones)
- Unarranged max value: N/A.
- Arranged max value: 166 Kronars. Perfect Quality (99) - retrieve some perfect bones
- Spawn1: You hear a growl behind you and spin to see a rock troll climbing out from behind a rock!
- Spawn2: You hear a growl behind you as a rock troll tromps into view!
- Entrance: A rock troll tromps in.
- Exit: A rock troll tromps <direction>.
- Death1: A rock troll collapses with a heavy thud.
- Death2: A rock troll bellows and then lies still.
- Decay: The rock troll dissolves into a pile of chalk.
You recall everything noteworthy about a rock troll... which is apparently nothing.
They are known to cast Tremor.
They are known to carry loot in locked boxes.
There are 2 different difficulties of Rock Troll.