Rock troll (1)
|Missing or Incomplete Creature Information Needed|
|To add any of the missing information listed above, use THIS FORM.|
- There are other pages that use the name "Rock Troll." Follow the link for more details.
The troll towers menacingly over you, its small, beady black eyes glittering with a dim, cruel intelligence and set into a face that is pock-marked and surmounted by an incredibly long and wart-covered nose. Its skin is a grey slate color, and the nails on its hideous hands are broken and yellowed. Beneath them, you notice bits of flesh and dirt, and the stench of rotting flesh and decay is thick about the brutal creature.
Slate grey and hulking, the rock troll seems built to intimidate, its body covered in large muscles designed to crush its prey. Tiny eyes set in a large face are surrounded by wrinkled flesh, pockmarked and pitted. Smudges of dirt and decay coat its skin and broken, yellowed fingernails tip the fingers and toes.
Rock trolls are difficult to train with. They occupy a narrow range where they train poorly at too high of ranks and are too dangerous at too low of ranks.
The Journalai Route rock trolls are located west of Kaerna Village. CLIMB the BARRICADE to enter or exit the hunting area. To successfully climb the barricade you need to be at least circle 5 and be an able novice (have 25 ranks) in athletics. The trolls tend to swarm past the rockslide.
- Evasion: mindlock (34/34) at 72. Soft cap (1/34) at 74 (January 2015).
- Targeted Magic: soft capped at about 72. Hard caps at 90 (June 2015).
- Tactics: hard cap at 90 (Confirmed still current June 2018).
- Skinning: continues to teach at 101 with a full arrange (9/18/2018).
- Locksmithing: Boxes require 40 ranks of Lockpicking & Disarm. Ranger with 54/48 Disarm/Lockpicking, 117 Perception, 18 Agility can open boxes without much trouble. Boxes continue to teach well at 120 ranks Locksmithing & 130 ranks Perception.
Rock trolls can cast Tremor.
It tends to be quite harmless.
- APPRAISE CAREFUL info: NONE.
Rock trolls are immune to stuns, both physical and magical (such as Thunderclap) .
- It is wearing a studded leather breastplate/a leather cuirbouilli coat.
- It is carrying a sharp pine sapling.
- Spawn1: You hear a growl behind you and spin to see a rock troll climbing out from behind a rock!
- Spawn2: You hear a growl behind you as a rock troll tromps into view!
- Entrance: A rock troll tromps in.
- Exit: A rock troll tromps <direction>.
- Death1: A rock troll collapses with a heavy thud.
- Death2: A rock troll bellows and then lies still.
- Decay: The rock troll dissolves into a pile of chalk.
You recall everything noteworthy about a rock troll... which is apparently nothing.
They are known to cast Tremor.
They are known to carry loot in locked boxes.
There are 2 different difficulties of Rock Troll.