Item:Tarnished silver spike (1)
|tarnished silver spike|
|Look:||You see nothing unusual.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 6,250 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||1 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Drathrok's Assemblage (2)|
- There are other pages that use the name "Tarnished silver spike." Follow the link for more details.
- The spike has an air of great age, but otherwise does not appear unusual.
- [This is an item for customizing Empath guardian spirits. Only an Empath who knows the Guardian Spirit spell can use this. This item is ready to be redeemed via the MEDITATE verb.]
- [VERBS: Focus, meditate, study.]
- You sense unfamiliar fey magic coursing through the spike, but are unable to make sense of the pattern, if there is one. For a brief moment, the air seems to grow crisper around you, with a sharp, cool scent of autumn.
- (For an Empath who knows the Guardian Spirit spell and is not perma-shocked...)
- [You are about to redeem a Guardian Spirit alteration item. It is currently set up to have...
- NAME: [random]
- SHORT DESC: a savage alfar warrior
- APPEAR: a savage alfar warrior with its hair shaved into a shaggy [color] crest
- DESCRIPTION: Its body corded with muscle, this warrior of the fae is a solid and implacable presence. Scars gougued across its face and neck mar the creature's softly gleaming silvery skin, lending the alfar the air of a living weapon that has withstood countless battles. Despite its scars, the warrior stands with an air of bored disinterest, its dark, cat-slitted eyes surveying its surroundings from an angular face set in a nearly-expressionless mask. The creature's [color] hair is snarled in a knotted tangle.
- If this is acceptable, please meditate on your spike again within the next minute.]
- MEDITATE: (second time, within one minute)
- As you contemplate the spike, the air around you grows chill, with the sharp tang of cold metal. In the distance you hear a clangor of bells, though their tones are slightly discordant to your ears. Abruptly, you realize that you are not alone, a savage alfar warrior with its hair shaved into a shaggy crest stands before you. Briskly, the creature takes the spike from your hand, inspecting it minutely.
- In a gravelly voice, the savage warrior says, "This has been lost to my clan for many years, and we had all but given up the search. My name is Ashpool. My family owe you a great debt, <name>. Call upon us at any time, and one of us will come to your aid." The warrior bows grimly, its left hand resting on the hilt of its weapon.
- As it straightens the warrior appears less real, like a reflection seen in an antique mirror. You close your eyes to blink away the dizzying apparition and when you open them, the creature is gone.
- [From now on a CUSTOM cast of the GS spell will summon your savage alfar warrior!]
Savage Alfar Warrior Verbs
Once you have CAST CUSTOM to summon your warrior, the following verbs are then available to interact with it:
- LEAN: Sensing your need, Ashpool strides to your side and smoothly offers you its arm. You place your hand atop the creature's forearm, allowing it to take some of your weight. Its curious armor is rough against your hand.
- SUMMON: Sensing your need, Ashpool strides to your side, its stance filled with casual menace.
- SMIRK: You catch Ashpool's eye and smirk. A vicious smile dances across the warrior's lips before it schools its face to uncaring stillness once more.
- GLANCE: You shoot Ashpool a significant glance. The warrior rolls its broad shoulders and lazily assesses all nearby threats. It then glances back at you, looking unimpressed.
- NOD: You catch Ashpool's eye and give it a slight nod. The savage alfar warrior clenches its weapon, baring its pointed teeth in a vicious snarl as it takes up a stance at your back.
- LICK: As you move toward a savage alfar warrior with its hair shaved into a shaggy drab grey crest, it moves close to you, leading you through the steps of an archaic dance. Placing its hands before its torso, elbows bent, the warrior makes circular swirling motions, waving its hands around seemingly at random. It gazes into the distance, morosely ending its dance with a expressionless nod of the head. The vague scent of clove cigarillos lingers in the air.
- SMOOCH: As you move toward a savage alfar warrior with its hair shaved into a shaggy drab grey crest, it moves close to you, leading you through the steps of an archaic dance. The warrior reaches out as if grasping some writhing creature, clasping it with elegant disdain. Swaying, the alfar draws its arms close to its armor-clad torso, then lets them fall melodramatically to its sides, its head lolling sinously on its long neck. The creature bows its head gravely, then kicks forward savagely with one foot. After a few repetitions the warrior sways to a halt, its expression melancholy. The dusty scent of cobwebs fills the air.
- KISS: As you move toward a savage alfar warrior with its hair shaved into a shaggy drab grey crest, it moves close to you, leading you through the steps of an archaic dance. The warrior lifts its long legs in an exaggerated manner, as if stepping over the corpse of a fallen enemy. The warrior struts forward and back, arms flailing asymetrically to some unheard, syncopated rhythm. After a few repetitions it sways forward in a tiny bow, standing still and silent for a long moment. Finally, it sighs and takes up its vigilant stance once again, the smell of patchouli lingering in the air.
- DANCE: As you move toward a savage alfar warrior with its hair shaved into a shaggy drab grey crest, it moves close to you, leading you through the steps of an archaic dance. With a vicious cry, the warrior begins to flail about, punching the air and thrashing its head to an unheard beat. Its teeth bared in a snarl, the creature continues to stomp and kick for several moments, somehow avoiding you as it does so. With a final cry, it launches itself at you and flips you over its shoulder, placing you gently back on the ground once more with a vicious smirk.
- ASK about Ashpool: Ashpool says, "You don't know me. Perhaps someday, you shall."
- ASK about Alfar: Ashpool says, "You may call us Alfar, but what do we call ourselves?"
- ASK about empath: Ashpool smiles grimly. "Do you think it is your paltry magics that compel us?"
- ASK about <your name>: Ashpool shrugs. It says, "You're not bad. For an <your race>."
- ASK about <an unrecognized topic>:
- Ashpool tilts its head slightly and narrows its black eyes, but otherwise does not respond.
- Ashpool frowns and says nothing.
- Ashpool looks at you and shakes its head.
- Ashpool says, "Be quiet."
From GM Melete when this item was released:
- This isn't a Guardian Spirit alteration, this simply unlocks a new (but non-customizable) look for your CUSTOM cast of your alfar summon. These warriors do not have any mechanical advantages to existing alfar warriors, but they do have some additional verbs, and they know an entirely different set of dances than standard alfar warriors. It's also rumored that they may be slightly surly.
- Q: Will this replace my current CUSTOM cast?
- A: Yes
- Q: Can I get this if I already have a guardian spirit alteration?
- A: No, this would replace your existing alteration.
- Q: Are all of the savage alfar the same?
- A: Mostly, though there are six "individuals" who all have different names and hair colors. A CUSTOM cast will summon one of these at random each time.
- Q: What are the new verbs?
- A: LEAN, SUMMON, SMIRK, GLANCE, NOD, LICK, SMOOCH, KISS, DANCE and ASK. These verbs either don't exist on the vanilla warrior or they are different on this one.
- Q: Is there any cool lore stuff in the ASK?
- A: No, it's just for flavor.