Any character, regardless of guild can learn First Aid and Scholarship by studying an anatomy chart. Empaths also learn Empathy from studying the charts.
The easiest to learn from is currently the Rat. Studying a chart from your own race is also slightly easier than studying other races anatomy among the 11 adventurer races. If you recieve the message that "You attempt to study the chart, but find it almost impossible to do." the chart is too advanced for your scholarship, and it is recommended you try easier charts or wait until you have more scholarship to STUDY that chart.
Charts have a STUDY Round Time of 10-60 seconds. Your scholarship must be twice that of what is listed in the table below to consistently achieve a 10 sec RT. First Aid skill has no impact on STUDY RT.
When a chart is studied to the point of full understanding ("clarity"), it cannot be studied again for twenty minutes. If you have two of the same chart, the cool down is applied to all of the same chart.
Scholarship experience is awarded on each STUDY of a chart, but First Aid experience is awarded only at the first successful STUDY and on chart completion. If a chart is too advanced to be read due to the "impossible to do" message, no First Aid will be awarded. Empathy experience is only awarded on completion to Empaths. Thus, there is some incentive to use charts that are at level to your ranks, but you may still learn some from lower requirement charts.
There are 2 types of storage containers that are associated with the charts, the compendium and the textbook. The primary difference between the 2 is that the textbook will come with a fixed group of anatomy charts while the compendium will come either empty or pre-filled, but those charts can be removed and swapped for different charts at the owner's discretion.
Charts can be removed from compendiums via REMOVE COMPENDIUM when the compendium is turned to the page for the specific chart.
Standard compendiums hold up to 10 charts, some such as those sold at Advanced Anatomy hold up to 20 charts.
|Droughtman's Challenge 444/Incidental loot
Droughtman's Challenge 441/Incidental loot
Droughtman's Challenge 437/Incidental loot
|Oversized bestiary bound in khor'vela heartwood
Related Forum Posts
Pages in category "Anatomy Charts"
The following 74 pages are in this category, out of 74 total.
- Item:Barghest anatomy chart
- Item:Bear anatomy chart
- Item:Bizar anatomy chart
- Item:Black leather textbook embossed with a white skull and crossbones
- Item:Black silk fan with a gold spider rivet
- Item:Blackwater jet inlaid grimoire with a black gold clasp
- Item:Blood Dryad anatomy chart
- Item:Blood Nyad anatomy chart
- Item:Boggle anatomy chart
- Item:Boobrie anatomy chart
- Item:Brocket Deer anatomy chart
- Item:S'lai anatomy chart
- Item:Scavenger Goblin anatomy chart
- Item:Self-help book entitled "You are okay... maybe, I think?" bound in smoi leather
- Item:Shalswar anatomy chart
- Item:Small guide patterned with blossoms
- Item:Small leather-bound book titled "A Fisherman's Guide to Elanthia"
- Item:Small textbook bound in matte black leather
- Item:Spriggan anatomy chart
- Item:Sprite anatomy chart
- Item:Striped Badger anatomy chart
- Item:Sturdy textbook embossed with depictions of skeletons
- Item:Sturdy wine-red cookbook titled "Gastronomy" along the spine
- Item:Sun Vulture anatomy chart