Sleeping Dragon Corn Maze 425
Opening and Closing Dates
Official Description and Announcement
The Sleeping Dragon Corn Maze is a massive labyrinth set up in the corn fields of Arthe Dale to celebrate a bountiful harvest! It's fun for both adventurers and commoners, with spooky delights and haunted passageways. The maze becomes considerably spookier at night! With a small token entry fee, you can explore the enormous maze and gain prizes!
Like many other recent events, there's no box office scheduling to deal with! Runs through the maze are individual, and you can go anytime you want, with whoever you want! One ticket in will give you an hour within the maze to explore and even help out the people of Arthe Dale if you like! And if you've managed to get all the way to the end of the maze in one hour, you will get an extra prize!
The Corn Maze is sponsored by the guilds of Crossing, and thus is set up specifically with adventurers in mind. But to keep it more open to the general population, only certain parts of the corn maze are really dangerous, and it's usually quite obvious where. That being said, there is an element of real danger everywhere in the maze, due to some circumstances beyond Arthe Dale's control.
- Protect the harvest by fighting off blight locusts in the northeast part of the corn maze
- Also protect the harvest by fighting off murder crows in the southwest part of the corn maze
- Find people (or animals!) who are lost in the maze and need to be escorted out
- Find specific landmarks inside the maze
- Treasure hunt!
- Keep your wits about you as the haunts inside try to frighten you!
- Watch out for the Scarecrow!
- And more!
Aside from items found inside the corn maze, there will be weapons, armor, clothing, and more!
Outfits are a new kind of magical glamour that work in a very similar way to the item hiders. However, instead of just hiding your existing items, it will also take on the appearance of items that you do want to show, without needing to actually wear them! This does NOT harm the original item in any way, and an item can be glamoured to more than one outfit at once. Up to fifteen items can be applied to a fully unlocked outfit, and there are three kinds: Normal clothing and trinkets, jewelry, and armor.
- Outfits hide everything you're wearing except what is in the outfit. You can still use the 'always show' mechanics to make a hidden item you're wearing visible again, though.
- NOTE: For F2P folks, an outfit will still show the stored item appearances, but will not hide the other things you are wearing.
- Unlike black shadowsilk cloaks or moonsilver pendants, these do not hide or change your features in any way.
- Outfits are generally worn, but you do need at least one item saved to the outfit in order to wear it. You can't wear an empty outfit!
- Outfits also show your item appearances in the order that you stored them. You can make sure you store them in an order that you like by using TURN to select which of your spaces you save each item appearance to.
- The main reason to have jewelry and armor outfits is that you can wear one shimmering outfit, one jewelry outfit, and one armor outfit all at the same time, so if you have an outfit in mind that has more than the allotted slots in it, you can create it. However, you cannot wear two of the same kind of outfit together.
All mobs flex to your skill level.
You can ask the halflings or the gor'tog farmer found within the maze for tasks. Some tasks teach skills. The first ten tasks completed while in the maze reward 10 kernels each. Tasks beyond that reward 2 kernels each.
You may cancel a task using ASK HALFLING FOR TASK CANCEL, but a cooldown timer will be applied preventing you from getting a new task for a short while.
Exploring the Maze
- "Okay, we'd like you to find and touch some of the landmarks in the maze! It'll be fun!"
- "Okay, we'd like you to go find my fellow Halflings working in the maze and give them a good poke in the ribs for me! There are five of them."
- "Okay, we'd like you to go to each section of the maze and let out a good scream! It'll make the corn maze extra spooky. There are nine sections of the maze, but if you scream in five that'll be enough."
- "Okay, we'd like you to search out some of the grasshoppers that are running around in the maze, snag them and bring them back to us. About ten will do." (Perception)
- "Okay, we'd like you to forage some corn in the maze and bring it to me. Make sure it's ripe! Ten pieces will do." (Outdoorsmanship)
- "Okay, we'd like you to search out some golden tokens in the maze. About ten pieces will do!" (Perception)
Maintaining the Maze
- "Okay, we'd like you to make some scarecrows in different sections of the maze! To do this, find a good spot and BUILD it until it's done. Five total should do it." (Mechanical Lore)
- "Okay, we'd like you to go pull some weeds out from between the corn. It's pretty thick in some areas. Clearing out ten areas will be appreciated." (Athletics)
- "Okay, we'd like you to disarm some of the traps that have been put around the maze by some mischief-makers. Five will do." (Search/Perception Disarm/Locksmithing)
- "Okay, we'd like you to chase out some of the mice that are hiding in the maze. I know they might be cute, but they're pests. You just have to WAVE your hands at them until they run from the maze. If you chase away about ten that'll be great!" (Performance)
- "Okay, we'd like you to kill some of the locusts in the green growth area of the maze. Ten of them will do."
- "Okay, we'd like you to kill some of the murder crows in the ripened field area of the maze. Ten of them will do."
- While not tasks themselves, finding and killing The Scarecrow (rare spawn in locust area) or Harawep's Spider (rare spawn in crow area) can reward you with kernels.
Messaging for Too Many Tasks
"You've done an awful lot of tasks really quickly. You can still take tasks, but they're not going to be worth as much. If you want you can leave the maze and come back in again."
See Sleeping Dragon Corn Maze 425/End loot for prizes and prices.
a tall Gor'Tog
Towering high above the tops of the corn, the Gor'Tog really sticks out in the field. Dressed in purple leather overalls fastened with yellow buttons, the Gor'Tog wanders the cornfield with a book in his hand and a stoic look on his face.
a carefree Halfling
Dressed in green leather overalls fastened with black buttons, the Halfling wanders the cornfield with a single playing card in his mouth and an apathetic look on his face.
a cheerful Halfling
Dressed in brown leather overalls fastened with large silver buttons, the Halfling wanders the cornfield with a stalk of grass in his mouth and a cheerful look on his face.
a grumpy Halfling.
Dressed in black leather overalls fastened with white buttons, the Halfling wanders the blighted area of the cornfield with a pipe in his mouth and a very sour look on his face.
a tiny Halfling
Dressed in orange leather overalls fastened with green buttons, the Haflling wanders the field with a doll in his hand and a neutral look on his face.
a tired Halfling
Dressed in grey corduroy overalls fastened with blue buttons, the Halfling wanders the cornfield with a half-eaten apple in her hand and an exhausted look on her face.
The tall Gor'tog and the Halflings share the same responses.
- corn: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "You're standing in the corn now. We basically have the harvest from one of our bigger fields and left most of it up for now! Feel free to explore as much as you want, it's lots of fun!"
- maze: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "It's huge! I don't know how they did it. But there are several sections to it. About nine, I'd say! The green growth and the ripened field have some aggressive crows and an infestation of locusts inside, but the rest of the maze is pretty safe. Though it gets pretty spooky at night!"
- crows: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "The murder crows are huge pests. Literally. They're in the ripened field, stealing the corn. It's so aggravating."
- fun: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "There's lots of fun to be had in the corn maze! Just ask me if you want a task to do while you're in it, or start exploring!"
- outfits: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "The outfits are great, and the perfect thing for Hollow Eve! See, what they do is magically remember when you APPLY items to them, and then you can wear the outfit all at once! The best part is, you don't need to keep the original item in order for your outfit to have it, it'll save it until you replace it with something new!"
- dragon: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "Yeah, the corn maze is in the shape of a sleeping dragon! It's pretty cool."
- arthe: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "Arthe Dale is our village! It's nice and quaint and quiet. This is the most exciting thing to happen to it in years!"
- dale: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "Arthe Dale is our village! It's nice and quaint and quiet. This is the most exciting thing to happen to it in years!"
- hollow: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "Yep! We're running alongside Hollow Eve this year. So when you get tired of shopping, or dying in their games, you can come here!"
- eve: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "Yep! We're running alongside Hollow Eve this year. So when you get tired of shopping, or dying in their games, you can come here!"
- spider: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "Do you mean Hollow Eve's Giant Spider, or the Spider in the corn maze? Yeah, both of them are pretty creepy."
- scarecrow: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "The Scarecrow is said to haunt the ripened field. It's really spooky!"
- locusts: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "The locusts are terrible! They're all in the green growth. They already wrecked part of the field and then they moved over there."
- blight: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "The blight was caused by the plague locusts. They basically ate most of the corn and poisoned what was left. That entire part of the field is a total loss."
- help: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "You'll need to go back into the maze to help out more."
- escorts: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "Yes, the maze is massive! Sometimes people get lost in there. If you spend too long in the maze, we'll escort you out of there."
- prizes: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "We have lots of nice prizes at the end! We'll give you some silver corn kernels for doing things in the maze, and you can exchange those for the prizes."
- kernels: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "Yes, the silver corn kernels will go in a little bottle that we can give you. Make sure you're wearing the bottle while you're in the maze so that we can easily give you the kernels! They're way too small to just carry around. The bottle's got a little pin so you can stick it on your clothes."
- bottle: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "I can give you a bottle if you don't already have one!" You get handed a tiny glass bottle, which you quickly pin onto your clothes.
- task: A tiny Halfling looks at you and replies, "You're already on a task. I'll repeat it to you! So we'd like you to search out some golden tokens in the maze. About ten pieces will do!"
Related forum posts