- There are other pages that use the name "Nexus." Follow the link for more details.
Nexus points are a new feature in Elanthia offering advantages to experience drain at those locations.
No one really understands the forces behind a Nexus point, be they divine or otherwise, but over time such points have become common gathering points for trade, services, learning and more. From an academic standpoint, it should be noted that Nexus points are a separate and unique entity from the Bardic Nexus enchante. While the enchante also has beneficial effects to those nearby and excels with additional support from others, the benefits conveyed are quite different.
Little formal research has been done into the matter, as most simply accept these regions without question in much the same way as breathing -- it simply happens without thought or notice. Some researchers have noted groups performing ritual sacrifices at Nexus points. Scholars believe these rituals simply bring together like-minded individuals who benefit from the company of one another. Members of the clergy, however, believe these sites to be touched by the divine because of the offerings made and the benefits bestowed.
Whatever the reason, many of the identified Nexus points have proven to be pivotal locations in conflicts, celebrations, miracles, trade and other important events throughout recorded history. Whether outside forces truly act upon the areas or these events are simply coincidence, the beneficial effects of gathering at a Nexus have been clearly noted.
Alleged Nexus points as noted by historical scholars include (but may not be limited to):
- [Crossing] The Crossing, Town Green Southeast
- [Crossing] Empaths' Guild, Courtyard Garden
- [Crossing] Clerics' Guild, Gathering Hall
- [Crossing] Market Plaza, Foyer
- [Crossing] Middens, Crossbow Bend
- [Crossing] Northeast Wilds, Outside Northeast Gate
- [Crossing] Northeast Wilds, Grimsage Way
- [Crossing] Wilds, Pine Needle Path
- [Riverhaven] Riverhaven, Theren Way - Between the Empath's guild and the hospital. Room 59 in Genie
- [Riverhaven] Riverhaven Road, South Road
- [Therenborough] Therenborough, Quadrangle
- [Langenfirth] Langenfirth, Blufe Path
- [Shard] Triage Building - 1 south of the east gate
- [Shard] Whistling Wood, Path - off the path to adan'f
- [Ratha] Truffenyi's Green
Nexus points can be enhanced by SACRIFICING some aspect of a character's essence at the nexus point using the sacrifice verb. In order to empower a Nexus, sacrifices are required, current messaging in RECALL NEXUS LIST indicates 8 sacrifices are required to empower a nexus on the Prime server, and 4 on Platinum and Fallen servers. The following objects are valid:
- The duration of the empowerment is entirely dependent on the amount of "points" in the pool sacrificed. Therefore, waiting for your pool to be full is recommended, as well as sacrificing in the pool with the highest number of "points"
- Formulas for pool size can be found on the links for the pools above.
- Typically, pool sizes are largest for health and concentration, but see the above pages for an in-depth analysis of how pool sizes are calculated.
- Multiple subscribed players must SACRIFICE one of the pools at the nexus point. 8 players are required on Prime (not 12 as described in the forum post) and 4 for the Platinum and Fallen servers.
- The cooldown for making a sacrifice is based on real time, not in game time. The amount of time is currently unknown.
- The duration and magnitude of the bonus vary based on the types of sacrifice made.
- According to the announcement of this system, the duration of empowerment varies based upon what is sacrificed.
- Each sacrifice will drop your available mana/fatigue/etc. to 10% remaining, and will start a cool-down to when you may sacrifice again.
- The bonus to drain rate is ~10% for an empowered nexus. More research is necessary to determine if this is a static bonus or if the duration of the nexus (and therefore the points sacrificed to create it) affect the effects of the bonus.