Medium Edged skill
Medium edged weapons are fairly similar to light edged, falling into a basic pattern of being either geared toward slicing or thrusting. While lacking the power of heavy and twohanded edged weapons, they trade only a minor amount of weight and balance to far outpace light edged weapons in terms of damage.
While most of the weapons are swords of one sort or another, there are a few hand axes. These weapons are intended as an alternative with lower balance and higher strength suitability, but are generally lackluster.
- Barbarians can WHIRLWIND with any pole or melee weapon. This will attack all targets within range of their chosen weapon (melee or pole), including hidden targets. Hidden targets will be pulled from hiding if hit by whirlwind. WHIRL can also be used on one's self or another to free the target from webbing. Requirements: 350 in the weapon skill and 32 agility.
- Barbarians and Paladins can parry ranged weapons inside the range of the weapon they are holding.
- With a light edged or medium edged weapon, a Thief may make a backstab attack, which is a special sort of ambush that deals increased damage. Light edged weapons tend to be more accurate, but less damaging.
- The default pattern for a Moonblade is medium edged, and Moon Mages have a few abilities that will not work on some of the other patterns.
- Thieves, Clerics, Rangers, Bards and Warrior Mages can wield medium edged and medium blunt weapons in their offhand, thanks to being weapon secondary. As the only weapon prime guild, Barbarians also have access to this ability, and can wield even larger weapons offhand.