Quest for Kanton's Dagger
- 1 Official Description
- 2 Incidental Treasure
- 3 End Quest treasure
- 4 Related Forum Posts
Will you return home a survivor?
Keep in mind the Fae are a mysterious and fickle bunch and will present a challenge to your mind, body, and spirit. Be prepared to respond to obstacles that need to be overcome with your intelligence and not just your strength.
All players who participate in The Quest for Kanton's Dagger in July will experience the Ultimate Magic of the Fae! These Special Quest Runs are available for a Limited Time Only and will feature a Bonus to all the Random Treasure Rolls, giving your group a much better chance at getting the Highest Quality Items, but that's not all! As an added Bonus, each player participating in the Special Quest Runs will be receive a Very Special Item at the end of the quest!
(Note: The Very Special Item that is received will depend on how your group ends the quest, but everyone in the group will get one variety of the Very Special Item, even if your group doesn't achieve an "optimal" ending!)
Remember, this Special Offer is ONLY for Quest Runs in July! Once those tickets are sold out, the Random Treasure Rolls go back to normal and the Very Special Items will no longer be available!
Random and found throughout the Quest. Some of it is found from normal critters and some of it is from the "special" critters. Incidental loot is random, and what drops is not guaranteed for your group.
Randomly Generated Weapons and Armor
Some weapons (name, stats) dropped on this quest are randomly generated with ADJECTIVE/METAL/WEAPON TYPE. Weapons that drop may or may not have an adjective or metal type, or may have some variances as well (eg. "a bastard sword").
Some examples of what weapons can be:
- Adjective - dull, elegant, engraved, pockmarked, polished
- Metal Type - bronze, copper, electrum, electrum-plated, glaes, gold, gold-plated, lumium, kertig, steel, silver, silver-plated
- Weapon Type - axe, bastard sword, boko, bola, boomerang, broadaxe, broadsword, chain, cudgel, cutlass, gauntlet, gavel, gladius, greataxe, greatsword, halberd, lance, longsword, marlingspike, nimsha, sabre, scimitar, scythe, sword
The quality of these items varied wildly, and even identically named items could be different, stat-wise.
- dull glaes axe
- dull lumium chain
- engraved lumium bola
- pockmarked glaes chain
- polished kertig sword
- polished lumium greatsword
- polished lumium nimsha
- scratched kertig broadsword
- pockmarked copper chain helm
- scratched electrum-plated light plate vambraces
- plain viperskin leathers
- red eelskin leather greaves
- pockmarked iron full plate
- black steel scimitar inset with a black diamond disc
- cedar-hilted short sword with an engraved blade
- composite bow with a red silk bowstring
- copper-hilted claymore with a blue quartz pommel
- copperwood-handled throwing mallet inset with a starlight ruby disc
- gleaming steel sabre with a wren-inlaid tukai pommel
- gold-edged katar with a rainbow hematite hilt
- gnarled modwir staff crested by a blue diamond disc
- heavy crystal throwing club resembling a rock-studded icicle
- heavy crossbow with a steel prod
- highly polished katar with flowing multi-colored scarves streaming from the handgrip
- ivory-hilted stiletto with a steel crossguard
- light repeating crossbow with a polished sana'ati wood stock
- light repeating crossbow with an ivory-inlaid stock and an engraved lathe
- namboka with a gilded hilt
- polished warrior's sword with bone inlay along the blade
- double-edged battle axe with a crested grip
- sandalwood flail with an ornate steel chain
- steel-bladed misericorde with a sunstone pommel
- steel longsword with a plain bronze hilt
Armor & Shields
- thistle brocade cloak embroidered with scattered starlily blossoms against a lattice background - Please note the color or design of this cloak may be different, as it is changeable. This cloak is in varying shades of pink.
- brown silk cloak with starlily blossoms embroidered on one side - Please note the color or design of this cloak may be different, as it is changeable. This cloak is in varying shades of brown.
- blue silk cloak with starlily blossoms embroidered on one side - Please note the color or design of this cloak may be different, as it is changeable. This cloak is in varying shades of blue.
- green bengaline cloak with starlily blossoms embroidered on one side - Please note the color or design of this cloak may be different, as it is changeable. This cloak is in varying shades of green.
- orange silk cloak with starlily blossoms embroidered on one side - Please note the color or design of this cloak may be different, as it is changeable. This cloak is in varying shades of orange.
- blue bengaline cloak with starlily blossoms embroidered on one side - Please note the color or design of this cloak may be different, as it is changeable. This cloak is in varying shades of blue.
- black brocade cloak with starlily blossoms embroidered on one side - Please note the color or design of this cloak may be different, as it is changeable. This cloak is in varying shades of black.
- blue cashmere cloak with starlily blossoms embroidered on one side - Please note the color or design of this cloak may be different, as it is changeable. This cloak is in varying shades of blue.
- polished kite shield painted with a still life
- tower shield emblazoned with a red and yellow sun
- finely linked chain gloves with a blackened steel pattern
- bardic blue satin cloak stitched with the image of a golden harp
- black velvet hair tie with pointed felt ears
- chainsil-wrapped claymore sheath embossed with a tokka card
- cotton-wrapped claymore sheath embossed with an alfar avenger
- cuffed brown suede boots with bronze heel taps
- deep blue velvet cloak stitched with a unicorn curled around a wounded healer
- delicate crystal flowers trapped in glass spheres
- elegant anlora-avtoma belt knife etched with a cloud-ringed mountain
- elegant Elven silver belt knife etched with a prowling wolf
- elegant dark steel belt knife etched with a grinning skull
- elegant silver belt knife etched with a lute resting on a stand
- elegant steel belt knife etched with an enraged dragon
- elegant white gold belt knife etched with a pair of praying hands
- faded brown linen cloak stitched with a small knife on one shoulder
- fine steel curry comb
- flowing tunic of layered celadon silk
- green leather thigh pouch embossed with a wary stag
- ice-blue thigh pouch embroidered with a bear caught in a howling blizzard
- leather shoulder bag
- leather-wrapped claymore sheath embossed with a bloodied sword
- lively blue thigh pouch decorated with a sparrow plucking at a harp's strings
- lopsided red felt triangular hat pierced by an arrow
- midnight blue spidersilk backpack adorned with a crescent-shaped clasp
- nightsilk-wrapped claymore sheath embossed with a swan and crow
- pale green thigh pouch embroidered with a set of healing herbs
- pair of loose-fitting pants wrapped in white linen
- pair of white silk gloves embroidered with gusts of silvery wind
- pale trillium blossom - pickable flower found in the Heroes Gate area
- plain brown spidersilk backpack adorned with a knife-shaped clasp
- platinum-bound pendant bearing a twisted oak burl
- purple-black thigh pouch embroidered with a stalking panther
- royal blue silk waistcoat with golden paisley
- silver pendant etched with the crest of the Warrior Mage Guild
- silver pendant etched with the crest of the Moon Mage Guild
- silver pendant etched with the crest of the Bards' Guild
- silver-edged spidersilk backpack adorned with a coin-shaped clasp
- spiny bloodfish with colorfully painted accents
- stylish velvet riding hat adorned by a trio of frilly plumes
- twilight-hued tapestry purse with a carved ivory star closure
- velvet-wrapped claymore sheath embossed with a musical stanza
The assassin encountered on the quest may randomly drop items like the following:
- assassin's black wrist pouch
- assassin's dagger
- assassin's dark grey arm sheath with leather straps
- assassin's thigh pouch with steelsilk ties
- assassin's throwing blade with a serrated edge
- battered leather hat with a wide upturned brim
- dull black assassin's repeating crossbow
- fuligin oilskin greatcoat
- shadow-hued broadcloth assassin's backpack
- whisper-thin stiletto
End Quest treasure
First Run Prizes
- braided gold and copper ivy bracelet
- floor-length faesilk gown stitched with diagonal vines of silver ivy - Cut with an elegant halter neckline designed to drape around the wearer's neck, the luxurious garment is whisper-soft and dyed in sunset shades.
- iron bell with a diminutive fairie handle - This lithe fairie figure kneels from on one side of the bell's top, her body stretching to the other where her elbows rest as she holds her pert face in her hands. Her wings rise slightly off her back, allowing plenty of room to slip a finger between her and the bell; (TAP): You tap your iron bell, taking care to keep the clapper from making noise.
- iron bell with a carved fairie handle - Standing on her tiptoes, the carved fairie's wings are partially folded. The sculpting has dressed her in a winding scarf beneath which her legs just touch the top of the bell.; (TAP): You tap your iron bell, taking care to keep the clapper from making noise.
- pink pearl and enamel winged lady brooch - A delicate iridescent figure of a tiny woman is fashioned from pink pearl. Violet hair cascades down her back upon which sits a pair of black butterfly wings with pale green highlights.
- ivory-stemmed toadstool pendant with a black cambrinth cap - The stark white of the base contasts with the red-tinged black cap. Sprinkled randomly along the top are flecks of ruby, emerald and amethyst.
- dark moonstone that resembles Katamba (floater) - The large spherical cabochon is dark for a moonstone, and has a moonstone's characteristic billowy iridescence. While it is mostly smooth, the features of Katamba have been graven subtly into its surface. (STUDY) Experience with the moonstone Katamba and other similar items gives a clue to their nature. You believe you could RUB it to activate or silence it, WEAR it or REMOVE it.
- carved rhodonite that resembles Yavash (floater) - The large spherical cabochon is black-kissed crimson in color. While it is mostly smooth, the features of Yavash have been graven subtly into its surface.; (STUDY) Experience with the moonstone Katamba and other similar items gives a clue to their nature. You believe you could RUB it to activate or silence it, WEAR it or REMOVE it.
- carved lapis lazuli that resembles Xibar (floater) - The large spherical cabochon is an intense blue in color, with tiny flecks of gold. While it is mostly smooth, the features of Xibar have been graven subtly into its surface.; (STUDY) Experience with the moonstone Katamba and other similar items gives a clue to their nature. You believe you could RUB it to activate or silence it, WEAR it or REMOVE it.
- blown-glass Elanthia (floater) - Each continent and island is represented in green, brown and gold detail upon this plump little blue glass sphere.; (STUDY) Experience with the moonstone Katamba and other similar items gives a clue to their nature. You believe you could RUB it to activate or silence it, WEAR it or REMOVE it.
- ironwood parry stick - Carved into the stick is a life-like face atop a body that appears to be a tree with limbs for arms and legs. The eyes are two inset leaf-green emeralds. Some words circle the lower end. There appears to be something written on it.
- black shadowsilk cloak - You see nothing unusual.
- iron bell with a rowan tree handle - A perfect miniature replica of a rowan tree forms this bell's handle. Beneath an abundant canopy, its trunk has been notched to allow for a firm grasp.; (TAP): You tap your iron bell, taking care to keep the clapper from making noise.
- translucent crystal cat brooch with an ivory grin - The cat's head is turned fully toward the viewer, displaying a self-satisfied smile in tiny ivory teeth. The crystal tail curls beneath the feet in a relaxed posture.
- two-toned yellow and white gold caterpillar bracelet - This thick bracelet is composed of rounded segments, alternating between yellow and white gold. Two small antennae at the head fit through a discrete eyelet on the end segment to form the clasp.
- jeweled butterfly mask - Whorls of precious and semi-precious gems spiral and curl, forming elaborate patterns on the face and the wings that extend beyond the sides of the wearer's head. Large circles of polished onyx form the characteristic "eyes" found on certain butterflies and surround the actual eye holes through which the wearer sees. Stiffened gold alloy forms two antennae extending from the top of the head.
- an enormous kertig tear (volume 20)
- a massive orichalcum bar (volume 10)
- massive haralun lump (volume 10)
massive tyrium bar (volume 10)
- deep red moonspun silk greatcloak stenciled with the image of a flying faery - Though the pattern only shows the vague outline of the magical creature, special attention has been given to her eyes. She winks with a playful demeanor that is difficult to read, her expression one of either benign playfulness or deadly mischief. Clasping the cloak closed at the throat is an uncut crystal pin.
- black cambrinth unicorn pendant with a black diamond horn - This large pendant consists of a finely carved cambrinth body with crushed black diamonds forming the horn. The chain is darkly tarnished silver.
- iron bell with a carved ebonwood handle depicting a young male fairie with his tongue stuck out in rebellion - Clothed in overalls with his wings folded close against his back, the fairie tries to pass for normal as he backs up, his back foot almost off the bell.; (TAP): You tap your iron bell, taking care to keep the clapper from making noise.
- dark grey silk greatcloak depicting a gathering storm -The upper portion of the garment displays dark grey thunderheads occluding small patches of blue. Below the clouds, the blue extends down to the hem, gradually fading to sky blue. Aloft in the sky, several tiny winged figures can be seen, along with motes of silvery-white light.
- silver-keyed black ironwood flute inlaid with jade - A small jade man in a pointed cap is cunningly inlaid along the body of the flute. His fingers appear poised to press the keys, and his lips are pursed as if he is playing the instrument.
Second Run Prizes
These prizes are from 9/1/2011 onward.
massive damite lump- 10 volume
massive kertig tear- 10 volume
- black lacquered instrument case decorated with inlaid gold dragons - holds a very high end instrument
- ironwood-hafted scorpion with silver-inlaid flames on the handle - Swappable
- feyweave hip pouch festooned with large cambrinth beads - Larger than normal, more cambrinth storage than normal.
- silver-hilted foil with a water forged blade
- Wayerd pyramid with a cambrinth capstone
- iron bell with a carved fairie handle
- iron bell with a diminutive fairie handle - Cleric only, restores harness when POKEd, has timer.
- large brass chest
- motley jester's tabard of faded green and gold satin diamonds (verby)
- colorfully patched and belled five-pointed hat (verby)
- colorful staff wrapped in blue, gold, green and red ribbons (verby)
- jester's stick (insult stick)
- pair of emerald curved-toe slippers
- kiln-dried clay duck (lays a set number of flea bomb eggs).
- faded canvas pack with a circular cambrinth emblem - Larger than standard
- broad mistwood staff immaculately carved with bestial images
- dusty handbook with yellowed pages - Origami instructions
deed for a diamondique boulder
- black canvas sack covered with multicolored splatters - Containers hold faery powder.
- heavy ceramic plate with a reinforced steel band around its edge
- slender flamewood staff topped with a rhodonite fireball
- giant black scarab carapace streaked with fading bands of emerald green
- iron bell with a rowan tree handle - Heals target's spirit health when SHAKEn at them, has timer.
- black shadowsilk cloak
- blown-glass Elanthia
- carved lapis lazuli that resembles Xibar
- carved rhodonite that resembles Yavash
- dark moonstone that resembles Katamba
- deep red damask backpack embroidered with an array of iridescent thread
- Heavy flame-tongue warsword
- animite-edged jewelry case crafted from burnished mahogany- Many of these gems are required for alterations.
- square of purple jade
- large pear-cut emerald
- pitch-black seordstone talon
- large rose pearl
- delicate sunset opal
- small nightfire opal
- brilliant sana'ati heart
- smoky yellow dwalgim
- lustrous ocean-blue svelae
- tiny bead of blue gold
- small bead of animite-laced marble
- delicate palladium necklace with an empty claw-shaped setting
- simple platinum tailband with an empty socket
- small silver pin shaped like a hollow teardrop
- ornate gold anklet of finely braided strands encircling a small hollow
- thick-shafted ironwood spear bearing many shallow notches - A few verbs
- blue-bladed condottiere with a cross-guard shaped like a slithering snake
- sleek black stinger from a giant wasp - LE with special Thief ability
- ironwood parry stick - Has cambrinth
- deep red moonspun silk greatcloak stenciled with the image of a flying faery
- iron bell with a carved ebonwood handle depicting a young male fairie with his tongue stuck out in rebellion - Will silence a room for a period of time when you RING the bell, has timer.
- tiny gold antler - Summons special mount
- carved dragonwood staff set with an orb of iridescent cambrinth
- iridescent faesilk pack decorated with a large cambrinth butterfly
July 2012 Additions
- small shield shaped like an oak leaf
- bulky silver wizard's robes with magical symbols around the hem
- flame-red spidersilk brocade robe
- delicate gold torque tipped with cambrinth dragonflies
- deep crimson axe with a heavily serrated blade
- heavy oak staff topped with a spiraling cambrinth unicorn horn
- shimmering faeweave baldric with cambrinth buckles
- heavy flame-tongue warsword
- shimmering faeweave rope
September 2012 Additions
- cloak of autumn leaves
- unicorn-head great helm
- maniacal flame fae
- pivuh-winged boots
- jeweled golden hummingbirds
- suit of blackened plate armor engraved with a swarm of fireballs