|Mana Type:||Life Magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||5 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||10 / 600|
|Valid Spell Target:||PC, Creature|
|Duration (min/max):||2 minutes / 10 minutes|
|Description:||The Innocence spell demonstrates that you are not a threat, causing opponents to turn away from advancing upon you and face another. Undead creatures, on the other hand, are unaffected by the spell pattern.|
|Effect:||forces target to disengage; prevents facing/advancing|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.
Tapering ribbons of soft yellow extend across the area, pausing to dance in swirls and eddies.
|Contest Type:||charm / willpower|
- Spell cannot be re-cast if the caster has an existing innocence on them. Can be re-cast after releasing the spell RELEASE INNOCENCE or after it expires.
- Prevents facing and advancing by players and creatures, but does not stop ranged attacks such as arrows, thrown weapons and spells. Also prevents the use of AIM with ranged attacks.
- Facing or advancing by the caster will cause the spell to wear off.
- Only functions versus living creatures. May enrage undead and has no effect on most constructs.
- "Yeah, the spell contest doesn't show up in DISCERN because the contest doesn't happen (or doesn't usually happen) via CAST, it happens when something tries to face or advance you, &c. We have a way around what but I won't be able to roll any changes to the spell until we've gotten past a few more X3 bumps backstage." --GM Melete