|Mana Type:||Elemental Magic|
|Spell Type:||cyclic / warding, area of effect|
|Prep (min/max):||5 / 25|
|Skill Range (min/max):||10 / 600|
|Valid Spell Target:||Area|
|Pulse Timing:||21 seconds|
|Description:||Glythtide's Joy is a curious enchante, one whose origins have been long lost to the annals of time. However, due to its properties in protecting you and your group from targeted magic, it is strongly suspected to involve the rather unique properties of the Lesser Nagas. Those creatures, which live beyond the realm of sight and sound, bear the ability to warp the flow of mana around themselves in response to their will -- and this is strikingly similar to the function of Glythtide's Joy.|
|Effect:||TM integrity barrier for outgoing spells.|
You hear the spirited melody of Glythtide's Joy in your mind, as you trace your finger along mana streams around you in introduction.
A tingling rhythm tickles the tip of your nose and begins working its way across your skin as the verse of Glythtide's Joy plays at your senses like a sparkling wine.
The music of your enchante wraps itself around you as the chorus soars like an orchestra of joyous light, repulsing all that is not included within it.
Failure to resist:
The aethereal static continues to gather under the call of your spell.
Spell being affected:
Spell pushing through barrier:
|Contest Type:||charm / willpower|
- Cannot be cast in extremely deep water.
- Targets must first resist a charm vs. willpower attack on each pulse in order to avoid the effect entirely. If they fail to resist then all their Targeted Magic spells until the next pulse have to break through an integrity barrier in order to be cast.
- Makes most at level creatures unable to cast targeted magic spells, since most creatures cast spells with just enough skill to be able to cast them
- You must also resist your own cast, potentially causing your own targeted magic casting to be shut down.
- Associated with Aether, but is not affected by the Elemental Efficacy system.