Beyond the Barrier: The Devastation of Lyras
|Box Office Quests have been shut down.|
|Effective September 19, 2019.|
Everything is being converted over to SimuCoin purchase.
You thought she was gone for good.
You thought that she was finally and truly destroyed.
You were wrong.
A cry of help has come from the far west, further than even Forfedhdar. What was once the wild highlands of the Prydaen is now the wasteland left behind by a long and brutal war. Too few in number to finish the war themselves, the last of the Claw of Tenemlor will rely on you to rid the land of the scourge of undead once and for all, and restore both life and peace to a dead land. From cleansing the land of its corruption, to aiding the Claw in their work, your help is needed. And ultimately, the last remnant of Lyras waits...for you.
Do you have the courage to go Beyond the Barrier?
Aid the Claw of Tenemlor in the last fight against the corruption that Lyras wrought on the far west. Battle the undead, travel to the Sunfell Hub, and put an end to the Remnant of Lyras once and for all! This quest lasts roughly four hours, and has a maximum size of ten people.
EARLY BIRD BONUS! All questers who participate in one of the first thirty (30) quest runs at the introductory price will be able to choose between two very special limited edition items that will never, ever be offered again!
HOLIDAY SPECIAL (2014)! Successfully completing the quest during December 2014 will give participants their choice of one of three limited edition, epic Siegery Figurines!
Limited Edition Prizes
These let you play a game of siegery against another person with a set (easier to work pieces in "good" versus "evil" battles).
a white box of special gifts
a black box of special gifts
Holiday Special (2014) Prizes
On the Woolen Rug
- blighted gold ankle cuff - temporary mana healer
- blighted gold bracelet studded with large flame opals - passive mana healer
- electrum badge featuring a raised seven-pointed star - discipline booster
- grey pygmy owl charm displaying swirling charoite eyes - whisper charm
- kadepa ingot - 40 volume
- leaf-shaped sky blue svelae - forehead gem with visions about flowers
- lithe icesteel cutlass with an elaborate basket hilt - light enchantment
- rectangular black leather case embossed with a seven-pointed star - contains 4 treasure maps
- silversteel triskele brooch - 4x hider
- tattered cornhusk doll wrapped in a scrap of marblesilk - temporary spirit healer
- weathered leather coin purse with beaded ties - 35 coin arm worn moneybelt
On the Wooden Table
- cracked jade urn with tarnished silver filigree - 50 charge mob catcher
- deed for a senci boulder - Removed in April 2015
- doeskin and hickory bellows with bright brass fittings - masterful tool
- large gaethzen sphere suspended from a thick platinum chain - wearable gaezthen
- sturdy hickory distaff carved with an intricate knotwork design - masterful tool
- twisted kertig quarterstaff with a blackened wiirwood head - Casts HOT once a day
New End Treasure
On the wooden bench
- carved ke'nag triquetra - Forehead Gem
- large hunting pack crafted from wyvern hide - Oversized Container
The world shifts into darkness, and for a long moment you can see and hear nothing. At all. Then you feel, rather than see, a wave of corrupt magic echoing from the distant West. The magic pulls your vision steadily Westward, until you clearly see the Great Barrier, roiling and seething with the curse placed upon it. Your eyes are drawn to a very visible tear within the Barrier, allowing a glimpse of the blighted lands beyond.
A lone Prydaen girl wages war against the countless undead that have managed to escape through the lingering rift in the enormous wall of magic.
As quickly as it started, everything begins to return to normal again. As the vision fades, you hear a soft voice say, "Please, Easterner. Help us."
A slight pain twinges in your forehead, and you hear a voice hiss softly in your head, sounding dim and distant. "You are not welcome here." The hiss is accompanied by a flash of a female Prydaen, her mane in wild tangles mussed with dry leaves and her clothes all in thin rags. But most unsettling of all are her glowing yellow eyes, which burn with an intense hatred reserved by the dead for the living.
As she hisses, you get the feeling that whatever inhabits the unfortunate corpse is distinctly *not* Prydaen. The vision begins to fade away again, along with the mild headache.
Some unknown force interrupts your normal sight, and you soon feel your consciousness being pulled inexorably Westward. Your sight flies toward the corrupted Barrier, then through the tear in it, flies low over a dead, devastated forest.
After a long moment, your sight zeroes in on what appears to have once been a Prydaen hub. Most of the buildings are broken or ruined, but the overall structure of it still lingers.
Your vision centers on a Prydaen woman with light grey fur. She locks eyes with you for a long moment, then smiles slightly and nods as if in thanks. Your vision fades away again, although a reassuring feeling comes over you.
You hear a soft voice in your head that sounds like an elderly Prydaen woman. She quietly whispers, "I am the Claw Matron, and I thank you for volunteering to aid us. I will open a gate for you in 5 roisaen."
You hear a soft matronly voice in your mind. "Greetings, Easterner. I know where you are, and I will have a gate prepared for you in 3 roisaen."
You hear the soft matronly voice in your head once again. "Greetings again, Easterner. I am casting the spell now to bring you to the far West, which should take effect very shortly. I look forward to meeting you."
A shimmering silvery gate snaps open in front of you, and you recall that you've agreed to aid the Claw of Tenemlor in a struggle to the far West. With a bit of trepidation, you step through the gate. Magic unlike any you've ever seen in the East quickly surrounds you, and you find yourself walking to a distant point through a tunnel of pure light. Old whispers and echoes surround you, and soon you find yourself at a second gate, identical to the first. Stepping through it, you find yourself...
NPCs of Note
- Agehrilor of the Claw of Tenemlor
- Claw Matron Esata
- Claw of Tenemlor Elder
- Claw Veteran Degehri
- Claw Veteran Vipife