Armor:Thick serpentine-hide gloves trimmed in snowbeast fur
|thick serpentine-hide gloves trimmed in snowbeast fur|
|Look:||Patterned in scales, the gargoyle-hide leather has a reinforced construction enhanced by steelsilk stitching. Tufts of pristine white snowbeast fur around the cuffs provide both aesthetic and functional enhancement. Fine goldweave script embellishes the inner lining.
Some thick gloves reads:
|Hindrance:||insignificant (1/8) / insignificant (1/8) for stealth|
|Protection:||high (7/15) protection and very good (8/17) damage absorption for puncture attacks.|
very high (8/15) protection and very good (8/17) damage absorption for slice attacks.
great (9/15) protection and very good (8/17) damage absorption for impact attacks.
moderate (4/15) protection and fair (5/17) damage absorption for fire attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and fair (5/17) damage absorption for cold attacks.
fair (3/15) protection and low (3/17) damage absorption for electrical attacks.
|Construction:||highly protected (13/18)|
|Dimensions:||2 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Hollow Eve Festival 421 Auction|
- CLEAN: With a disgruntled frown, you slap your thick gloves against your thighs, a small cloud of dust billowing around you before slowly dispersing.
- PULL: Surveying the area with a keen eye, you give the cuffs of your thick gloves a smart tug, causing a subtle black mist to rise and then slowly dissipate from them.
- PUSH: Grinning slowly, you lace your fingers together before stretching your palms outward, cracking your knuckles.
- STARE: You stare intently at your thick gloves as you rotate your hands back and forth, making sure they are clean and in working order.
- SLAP: Writhing black smoke pours from the cuffs of your thick gloves, encircling your hands and spiraling up your forearms. The eerie black cloud slowly begins to clear, revealing a large snowbeast claw in your right hand and a large gargoyle fist in your left hand!
You recognize the pattern as a manifestation of Life magic.
It seems to involve Animal Abilities and appears to involve augmentation.
The brigandine gloves are imbued with special properties created by Lograr, renowned Gnome enchanter. The distinguished artisan derived inspiration for many of his mystical incantations from observations of natural phenomena in the surrounding environment during his many expeditions.
Lograr often went on hunts with friends and enjoyed visiting trophy rooms of hunters to view rare or unusual animals. He was known to express admiration for the simple but elegant natural weapons that creatures were able to use so effectively. It is believed that he created the beastial gauntlets due to this respect for such adversaries.
This appears to be one of Lograr's earlier attempts. While still better than copies made by his peers, it isn't quite as refined as his later works.