Armor:Pair of vardite brigandine gloves embellished with tawny feathers
|pair of vardite brigandine gloves embellished with tawny feathers|
|Look:||Crafted to resemble predatory avian feet, the polished metal blends smoothly from vibrant orange at the fingertips to deeper shades of sandy brown at the wrists. The shifting hues lend naturally to the addition of gryphon feathers that extend backward from the cuffs, nearly reaching the elbow when worn.|
|Hindrance:||insignificant (1/8) / insignificant (1/8) for stealth|
|Protection:||high (7/15) protection and extreme (13/17) damage absorption for puncture attacks.|
very good (6/15) protection and extreme (13/17) damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and extreme (13/17) damage absorption for impact attacks.
moderate (4/15) protection and very good (8/17) damage absorption for fire attacks.
moderate (4/15) protection and very good (8/17) damage absorption for cold attacks.
low (2/15) protection and fair (5/17) damage absorption for electrical attacks.
|Construction:||highly protected (13/18)|
|Dimensions:||3 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Hollow Eve Festival 414 Auction|
- CLEAN: With a disgruntled frown, you slap your brigandine gloves against your thighs, a small cloud of dust billowing around you before slowly dispersing.
- PULL: Surveying the area with a keen eye, you give the cuffs of your brigandine gloves a smart tug, causing a subtle black mist to rise and then slowly dissipate from them.
- PUSH: Grinning slowly, you lace your fingers together before stretching your palms outward, cracking your knuckles.
- STARE: You stare intently at your brigandine gloves as you rotate your hands back and forth, making sure they are clean and in working order.
- SLAP: Writhing black smoke pours from the cuffs of your brigandine gloves, encircling your hands and spiraling up your forearms. The eerie black cloud slowly begins to clear, revealing a large gryphon talon in your right hand and a large gryphon talon in your left hand!
You recognize the pattern as a manifestation of Life magic.
It seems to involve Animal Abilities and appears to involve augmentation.
The brigandine gloves are imbued with special properties created by Lograr, renowned Gnome enchanter. The distinguished artisan derived inspiration for many of his mystical incantations from observations of natural phenomena in the surrounding environment during his many expeditions.
Lograr often went on hunts with friends and enjoyed visiting trophy rooms of hunters to view rare or unusual animals. He was known to express admiration for the simple but elegant natural weapons that creatures were able to use so effectively. It is believed that he created the beastial gauntlets due to this respect for such adversaries.
This appears to be one of Lograr's earlier attempts. While still better than copies made by his peers, it isn't quite as refined as his later works.
Auctioneer Mahilin exclaims, "I do have another set!"
Auctioneer Mahilin exclaims, "And again, be sure to check out the detailed pattern on the gloves!"
Auctioneer Mahilin bangs her gavel and yells, "Bidding is now open for a pair of vardite brigandine gloves embellished with tawny feathers. The opening bid is 1 Dokoras!"