Will of Winter
|Prerequisites:||Circle 30, Breath of Storms|
|Mana Type:||Elemental Magic|
|Spell Type:||ritual / augmentation|
|Prep (min/max):||150 / 700|
|Skill Range (min/max):||80 / 800|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Duration (min/max):||30 minutes / 90 minutes|
|Description:||The Will of Winter spell was Karovaas's first derivation of the Words of the Wind spell. By combining that spell's ground breaking approach to Bardic Magic with a much simpler Albarian pattern brought to us by Nisonin, he was able to adapt the ritual for use with Water. The resulting pattern enhances determination and reinforces the flows of magic used for targeting. Note that the flows of Water are tenacious and will wash away any other element instilled within the magician at the time of casting.|
|Effect:||+Targeted Magic skill, +Discipline (stat), Changes Bard damage spells to include cold.|
|Example Messaging:||You gaze about seeking the trace flows of Water within the air.|
Mentally steeling yourself in preparation for the unnatural action, you inhale sharply filling yourself with the frigid element. As the Water courses through your body it extinguishes your passion and washes away distraction leaving you completely focused and indomitable.
- Ritual spells may require the use of a ritual focus.
- Replaces any other Elemental Invocation ritual you have active, causing a long stun if one is replaced. RELEASE your other spell first to avoid the stun.
- Changes damage types of Phoenix's Pyre from fire/impact to fire/cold and Breath of Storms from electricity/puncture to cold/puncture.
- Message on end of spell: "The last of the Water leaks away with your frosty breath leaving you fragile and vulnerable."
- Elemental Efficacy with Water.