Make sure every character thats a person is a member of the GMNPCs category, or the Characters category. We can't have ANYONE be un-linked to. I've also thought about maybe having a separate category for "living characters" versus characters that are old or in the lore or history that are no longer alive. - Rawb
Hey Basse, I'm glad to see all the work you've been doing! I do think Rawb is right about getting organized about categories. I'll post some more on my page Pirates with my thoughts. I'm aslo going to include all guild leaders in the GMNPCs category as they frequently "wake up" at important event moments. Same thing with shopowners and and "named" character in the game actually. What do you think?I also think starting a category for the major family groups like you've done with Jeladric is great. Hint: family crests will be important...
Hey. I'm willing to help out with the books. I tried to e-mail, but for some reason my system wouldn't let me. My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
Basselope, I just became an admin a few days ago and I've noticed how prolific you've been here. I definitely appreciate all the work you're doing! --Kraelyst 11:36, 23 October 2007 (CDT)
- You continue to plug away on all the history, books, lore, and NPCs. Great work! --Kraelyst 17:54, 6 November 2007 (CST)
Process for article deletion requests
Naeya, thanks for the information on deleting articles. --Basselope 01:25, 3 December 2007 (CST)
- Hey Basselope, I ran across a few zero-byte pages and have been deleting them, but I just wanted to check with you about the [[Manmi]] article, which you created, then blanked. There is still a link to that page from Timbleton Affair however. Should it be deleted? I don't know anything about that subject so I can't judge this one ;) --Farman 23:00, 6 December 2007 (CST)
- Done, and thanks for the quick response ;) FYI if you didn't already know, when moving or erasing/deleting pages, you can use the link in the "toolbox" section on the left side of the page "what links here" to see what links to a dead page, in order to fix those links. --Farman 23:51, 6 December 2007 (CST)
I think its an important bit of information that a player run organization put together 2 successful assassinations. I'd be happy to put together a Hing article and take the small notes out of the character pages if that would be preferable. Rumet I can move to noted moon mages if such a page exists. -Strk
- Strk, here are two potential ways to address my concern about significance that might work: 1) move all of the assassination information to a separate Hing page, as you suggest or 2) keep your additions where they are, but include information describing their general importance. In the second option, the kind of information I see as being useful is information on how the assassination affected other things. Basically, what changed as a result of the assassinations? I agree that these are really interesting events, but I'm not convinced (based on what has been written so far) that they matter.
- That said, thanks for your efforts in improving the Elanthipedia. --Basselope 12:04, 6 December 2007 (CST)
Manual of Style
on behalf of myself (and probably Naeya too) THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your addition to the manual of style, it is worded quite nicely. --01:15, 7 December 2007 (CST) Callek wrote this
- No problem. Now that I know it's there, I will keep it in mind for future additions. --Basselope 01:37, 7 December 2007 (CST)
- Yes, thank you. It's just one of those things that keeps slipping to the wayside in my list of chores around the site.--Naeya (talk) 02:01, 7 December 2007 (CST)
Just a question with your current work on Emperors. Is there a reason you are putting some in Category:NPCs and some you aren't?