The Enchanter's Burin is the tool used by Moon Mages to scribe Celestial Sigils onto objects to create enchantments.
THIS PAGE IS OUT OF DATE FOR CURRENT ENCHANTING SYSTEM WILL BE UPDATED SOON
One of the following base items:
||foraging||an oak-handled burin|
|a malchata rib||S'sugi Malchata||a bone burin|
||raw troll legs||food item in Shakahn's Grove|
|a grey carapace sliver||Grave Worm||a chitinous burin|
|an angiswaerd tooth||Marbled Angiswaerd||an ivory burin|
|a crab claw||Salt Crab||a chitinous burin|
|a sand spider mandible||Sand Spider||a grey chitinous burin|
|an adan'f tail barb||Adan'f Blood Warrior||a jagged burin|
|a discolored kobold rib||Skeletal Kobold Headhunter or Skeletal Kobold Savage||a discolored burin|
|a curved tusk||Peccary||a dull ivory burin|
- a gem (No metals!)
- Celestial sigil of Yavash, Wren, Spider or Nightingale, Weasel (More?)
- An activator spell: Shadows, Dazzle or Unleash
- A knife that can be used for carving
- SCRIBE <Yavash, Wren, Spider, Nightingale or Weasel>
- CARVE <ITEM> WITH KNIFE until it becomes a handle. Rangers are better at it than other guilds.
- If you are having someone else carve the burin handle for you, you must show them a completed burin to temporarily teach them how to do so. The syntax is SHOW BURIN TO <PERSON>. If the carver does not carve the burin handle quickly, he/she will get a message that reads "You slowly forget how to carve a burin, and realize someone who knows will have to teach you again."
- AFFIX HANDLE TO <GEM> to make the burin. Traders are better at it than other guilds.
- Scribe, activate, and bind the <Yavash, Wren, Spider, Nightingale or Weasel> sigil. If you don't have a burin you can TRACE the sigil on. Not all sigil combinations work; if it doesn't the sigil will flicker when scribed/traced and will break if finished. If you wait awhile the sigil will fade and you can put on another.
Once the burin is finished it will be used in all other enchantments. This is the most important tool of an enchanter, as it is necessary to place a sigil on an object. Currently, the quality of a burin has no impact on the process of scribing or the quality of an enchantment due to unresolved bugs in the system.
- Generally a burin will have 100 charges independent of quality, however processes such as adding additional sigils to increase quality will lower this.