- Place the prepared honeycomb in a container, such as a Jar, and heat this on a Portable stove.
- After a time, the honeycomb will become liquid wax. You can determine when this happens by periodically LOOKing into your container as it heats.
- Take the container and POUR it into the mold.
- Wait until the wax has cooled, and BREAK the mold. This will destroy the mold and create a candle.
- If you break the mold while the wax is still liquid, you loose both the mold and the wax:
- You break open a candle mold shaped like a triangle, spilling wax all over.
- You can tell if the wax has cooled by attempting to touch it. If you manage to touch it, it's ready.
- The liquid wax can be cooled into wax and saved for later. This wax can be reheated to create liquid wax just as with a honeycomb.
- Multiple sources of wax can be placed in the container. They will combine as they melt.
- The candle will have 5 parts for every part of wax used.
- The candle will weigh 5 stones no matter how many parts it has.
- Once lit, the candle will burn for about 5 minutes and then crumble away.
- 8/29/2018: Can currently buy candle molds from Bud's Barber Shop in Shard. They come with melted tallow in them. This will not turn into wax as purchased. However, if you empty the mold, buy a second and pour the tallow from the second into the first, it will start to harden into wax and make a candle.
- Additionally, you can POUR the mold into one of your larger worn containers, such as a backpack, where it will remain melted tallow indefinitely (BUG submitted Sept 2018). When you are ready to make a candle, use a secondary smaller container, such as a Jar, to FILL JAR WITH TALLOW, when the tallow will turn into liquid wax.
- fill beaker with tallow
- You fill your glass beaker with some liquid wax.