It is possible to brew your own coffee or tea from foraged tea leaves or coffee beans, even adding your own flavoring. This is a legacy system, and is expected to one day become part of the new Cooking discipline under Alchemy.
- Tea leaf or coffee bean.
- Wayerd pyramid
- Mortar and pestle
- Large jar
- Portable stove
- Mixing stick
The procedure for brewing is a simplification of the process described at [Oramiwe's Art of Tea].
- FORAGE TEA LEAF or COFFEE BEAN and any flavoring ingredients (e.g. blueberries)
- Dry tea leaves or coffee beans in a wayerd pyramid
- CRUSH LEAF/COFFEE IN MORTAR WITH PESTLE
- COMBINE LEAF/COFFEE to combine the crushed dry tea leaf
- Put equal parts water and leaf/coffee in jar
- Optional: Crush flavoring to juice or pulp
- Optional: Add flavor to jar with the tea.
- DROP STOVE
- FORAGE PEAT
- PUT PEAT IN STOVE
- LIGHT PEAT IN STOVE WITH FLINT
- Forage another peat and PUT MY PEAT ON PEAT IN STOVE. This will create a fire.
- PUT JAR ON STOVE
- After you see steam rising from the jar, STIR JAR ON STOVE WITH MY STICK
- Repeat stirring until you have tea.
- Each time the jar lets off steam, one part of water is consumed. It's suggested to add two more parts water than tea to account for this, and wait for them to steam off before mixing. You can COUNT WATER IN JAR ON STOVE (as well as the tea leaf) to see how many parts are left.
- When using flavoring, substitute flavoring for water (e.g. blueberry juice for blueberry tea or strawberry pulp for strawberry tea).
- When using flavoring, do not expect steam; simply stir your jar/kettle after about a minute on the stove, and it will become tea. Additionally, since there is no steam-off, there is no need to add extra water. A one-to-one ration of tea to pulp/juice still creates tea.
- Use peat for fuel because foraged sticks/branches/logs do not fit in the portable stove since the Shaping and Lumberjacking updates.
- Any "stick" will work for stirring. This includes foraged sticks or even your parry stick if you want to save on inventory.
- Coffee: 1 part coffee to 1 part water.
- Tea: 1 part tea leaf to 1 part water.
- Berry tea: 1 part tea leaf to 1 part juice/pulp.
- Blueberry tea: 1 part tea leaf to 1 part blueberry juice.
- Gooseberry tea: 1 part tea leaf to 1 part gooseberry juice.
- Strawberry tea: 1 part tea leaf to 1 part strawberry pulp.
- Cherry Delight tea: 1 part tea leaf to 1 part cherry pulp.
- Turnip tea: 1 part tea leaf to 1 part crushed turnip (drink at your own risk).
- Minty Sage tea: 1 part tea leaf to 1 part pulpy sage.