|Prerequisites:||Stone Strike or Elementalism|
|Mana Type:||Elemental Magic|
|Spell Type:||battle / debilitation|
|Prep (min/max):||1 / 33|
|Skill Range (min/max):||10 / 600|
|Valid Spell Target:||PC, Creature|
|Description:||The spell titled Anther's Call was created by Imperial mages during the time of the Seven-Star Empire. They named the spell in honor of the famed Earth mage Anther to bridge the ideological rift between members of the Imperial College of Magic and those clan-structured Warrior Mages who remained loyal to the Grovekeepers. This spell calls forth a number of grasping hands fashioned from the earth or stone beneath the victim's feet which attempt to hold the target fast and immobile. It was widely used by Imperial mages to capture dissidents without inflicting physical harm.|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture at a cougar.|
A low, pure note chimes from the ground below.
The hands release their grip on a cougar and fall to the ground, reverting to piles of earth that slowly crumble away.
|Contest Type:||magic / fortitude|
- Can't be cast in watery areas. Casting in water results in spell failure and:
- The water ripples slightly, but nothing else happens.
- Certain types of ground also restrict casting Anther's Call. Casting upon restricted ground results in spell failure and:
- The wood underfoot creaks slightly, but nothing else happens.
- Barana's Shipyard ship rat hunting ground.
- Ker'Leor's, gypsy marauders, morah creepers, morah vines, and wood trolls hunting grounds.
- Gorbesh Fortress interior (Mess Hall, Meeting Room, Officers' Quarters, Barracks, Storage, and Stable), scavenger troll hunting grounds.