Mantle of Flame
|Prerequisites:||Aether Cloak and either Fire Ball or Ignite|
|Mana Type:||Elemental Magic|
|Spell Type:||ritual / augmentation|
|Prep (min/max):||300 / 800|
|Skill Range (min/max):||250 / 1000|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Duration (min/max):||30 minutes / 90 minutes|
|Description:||Long employed in varying forms by many Warrior Mages, the Mantle of Flame spell is one of the rarefied patterns known as Elemental Transformations, carrying with it the limitations of such magic. By invoking a metaphysical manifestation of Fire energy in your body, it will augment your agility and melee accuracy, cause your unarmed blows to burn where they strike, and allow you to see in darkened areas.|
|Effect:||+Brawling skill, +Large Blunt skill, +Large Edged skill, +Polearms skill, +Small Blunt skill, +Small Edged skill, +Staves skill, +Twohanded Blunt skill, +Twohanded Edged skill, +Agility (stat), -Stealth skill, Fire damage, brawling only|
|Example Messaging:||You raise your fist toward the sun.|
The mental strain of this pattern is considerably eased by your ritual focus.
- Ritual spells may require the use of a ritual focus.
- Visible in LOOK description while active: Your skin has taken on a fiery orange-yellow sheen, blurring your features and lending you the flickering appearance of living flame.
- Appears in the room description as: <Player> who has a fiery visage.
- Noticable during brawling attacks: Your <fist, foot, forehead, teeth, etc.> is/are engulfed in a flickering flame!
- While active, brawling strikes can ignite Naphtha and can trigger Mark of Arhat.
- Acts as a light source.
- Can not be used in conjunction with Aegis of Granite. Message if one is already upon you: You cannot undergo more than one Elemental Transformation at a time.