|Mana Type:||Holy Magic|
|Spell Type:||battle / warding|
|Prep (min/max):||15 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||80 / 800|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Duration (min/max):||2 minutes / 10 minutes|
|Description:||Soldier's Prayer protects the magician from offensive magic. The pattern makes use of the purified soul's affinity to Holy magic, allowing a Paladin to reinforce or "temper" the resulting barrier in the radiance of his own spiritual power.
Soldier's Prayer provides a moderate layer of protection, and the magic it absorbs cannot weaken its steadfast bulwark until it is destroyed. However, its caster's own offensive spells will be affected as well.
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.|
You weave a simple barrier out of invisible strands of Holy energy and then focus inward. Spiritual heat surges from your refined soul, tempering the pattern.
- Believed to be an integrity barrier from GM posts.
2.0 Notes (May Not Still Apply)
- Soldier's Prayer loses one minute of duration for every spell it contests.
- The spell is replaceable.
- Mana affects both duration and protection.
- The penalty for non-Paladins casting the spell is a severe reduction in mana contribution to the spell. It is more likely to blow off limbs from non-Holy casters.
- Terrible soul state no longer prevents a Paladin from casting the spell. However, a Paladin with neutral or worse soul state will be treated as "not a Paladin" and subject to the appropriate penalty.