|Prerequisites:||Circle 5, Telekinetic Throw|
|Mana Type:||Lunar magic|
|Spell Type:||battle / debilitation, utility|
|Prep (min/max):||5 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||10 / 600|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self, PC, Creature|
|Description:||Since the advent of dispellation, mages have formulated a number of specialized spells that strike at various subsets of magic. The Rend spell eschews such discrimination, instead attempting to break down any two patterns it encounters upon its target -- or yourself.|
|Effect:||dispel 2 effects, self-cast or targeted|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.
Glinting lines weave chaotically in midair, growing brighter with each intersection until a net of burning ultramarine bars unfurls and passes through you.
Your Psychic Shield wears off.
|Contest Type:||mind / willpower|
- Indiscriminately removes up to two spells at a time from the target, which can be yourself or another person.
- A target must be specified or it will fail to dispel anything. This is in place to prevent accidental self-targeting if casting without a target or misspelling the target, or the target moves out of your room during the cast.
- To self cast rend you must CAST <YOUR OWN NAME>.
- The spell teaches the Debilitation skill when cast on a creature that is appropriate level to your skill.
- The spell teaches the Utility skill when cast on yourself.
- The spell teaches neither Debilitation nor Utility when cast on another player.