Item:Glass egg framed with delicate strands of gold
|glass egg framed with delicate strands of gold|
|Look:||About as large as an adult Human's fist, the glass egg is decorated with a symmetrical pattern of gold strands that run across its entire surface. Two distinct wisps of light spiral around each other within the confines of the egg, one red and the other purple.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 187,500 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||1 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Hollow Eve Festival 428 map|
- This item was the gift from the Hollow Eve Festival 428 event.
- One ability temporarily increases spawn rates in a room
- Another ability turns a regular mob into a boss-type "champion" version that can drop special prizes.
- As a self-activating device, this item is safe for Necromancers. Divine Outrage has no impact on its functionality.
The egg is a Holy magic enchanted device that functions off both principles of divine grace and mortal companionship. There are two distinct magics in the egg, represented by a red and a purple light.
You can INVOKE the egg to release the red light, which will serve to attract any naturally present creatures into the immediate area. If you are leading a group, this attraction effect will be even stronger.
You can also WAVE the egg at a creature to empower it and potentially reap greater rewards than normal. You can use this solo, but the time between uses will be greater than if you were leading a group of at least three (including yourself).
The red spiral can be <summoned now/again a few hours from now>.
The purple spiral can be <summoned now/again a few hours from now>.
[F2P characters do not count toward your group totals for this device. F2P characters can serve as device activator, if they are the owner of the device.]
[The glass egg is bonded to you without charges.]
The glass egg has a definite magical pattern, which is apparently an enchanted item.
You recognize the pattern as a manifestation of Holy magic.
It seems to involve Divine Intervention magic and appears to be able to enchant or attract creatures.
While an examination of its magical nature is not very informative, you are certain you could study the glass egg with more effectiveness.
This functions similar to warhorns, but anyone can use this. It adds a temporary boost to the area (single room) you are in. The strength of the boost is tied to how many people are in your group (that you're leading) at the time it's used. It lasts roughly 10 minutes and will continue to boost throughout that time. It has a 15 minute cooldown. You do not need to be holding the egg in order to use it. Invoking the egg may be done while it is in an open container such as a backpack.
- Activation: A soft ruddy light envelops the area briefly. As it fades, a gentle feeling of pressure remains.
- Ending: A gentle feeling of pressure subsides.
This basically triggers a mechanic similar to the treasure goblins from Taisidon Safari. It's a little different, but the idea is the same. When you WAVE it at the creature, the creature is transformed into a champion type boss. When it dies, it will drop a treasure sack. Those who are in your group at the time of death are eligible to loot it. It uses the creature's treasure pool to determine what can be pulled out.
- If the creature can drop feeder items, a roll is made to see if you get a feeder item. If so, it then does another roll to determine which feeder level you get. Let me be clear here -- the items from these feeders are (mostly) unique items made by GMs. It's not standard stuff like yelith roots, waermodi stones, cambrinth rings, rhodonite runestones, etc. These items will be things a GM has taken the time to make, sometimes something saved from the janitor, etc.
- If you don't get a feeder item, it checks to see if a scroll is possible (if the creature can normally drop scrolls).
- If you didn't get a scroll and the creature was skinnable, a roll is made to see about getting a mix of skins/parts/bones.
- If you don't get skins, a roll is made to see about getting coins/gems.
- If you fail all of that, there's a pity prize category you can fall into.
If you win the roll in any of the categories, but it ends up not making an item for some reason, you'll get a message about searching again. You search until you get something. Once you get something, you can't get anything else from that treasure sack.
Be warned, you have a set amount of time to kill the mob otherwise you lose your chance at a treasure sack.
WAVE should work on just about any creature in the game. Horses, summoned pets, normal things you can't FACE should be omitted. Once the treasure sack spawns, you have 10 minutes to loot it before the sack fades away. The sack will give a warning message about a minute before it fades. That should be more than enough time to loot. Cooldown to use the egg is based on the number of people in your group at the time of the wave:
- 1 player (user only) or as a member, not leader, of the group: 6 hour cooldown
- 2 players: 4 hour cooldown
- 3+ players: 2 hour cooldown