Item:Crimson velvet songbook embroidered with flickering tendrils of flame
|crimson velvet songbook embroidered with flickering tendrils of flame|
|Look:||A swirling pattern of embroidered tendrils of flame surrounds a magnificent ruby and gold phoenix rising from a burning pyre. A tiny gold flute clasp secures the glossy pages of the songbook.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 62,500 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||3 length x 2 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Bardic Barge (2), Bardic Barge (1)|
- STUDY: You open the songbook and frown in concentration as you review a performance note, then carefully replace the charcoal grey bookmark and close it once more.
- STUDY (open): You peer closely at one of the pages of your songbook, murmuring the printed words there under your breath.
- <really long RT>
- STUDY (closed): You release the clasp with a faint *click* and open your songbook to where the charcoal grey silk bookmark lies, the glossy pages reflecting your dedication from their unblemished surface.
- READ (open): A curious bell-like tone suddenly fills the air for a moment. (Message you read it first time, when it bonds to you)
- <all your current spell information follows>
- <All your spell settings follow>
- READ (closed): The spine of the songbook reads:
- ""Phoenix Song""
- TAP (open): You tap your fingers absentmindedly on one of the pages of your songbook.
- TAP (closed): You drum a rapid beat on your songbook's cover with your fingers, thinking of lyrics to go with it.
- RUB (open): You rub a bit of soot off a page that is singed and bloodstained. As difficult as it is to read the history recorded there, you bend your head and begin composing an epic about the occasion that caused it.
- RUB (closed): You rub at a small wine stain on your songbook's cover with a look of chagrin on your face.
- HUG: You hug your songbook close to you, as if it's an old and cherished friend.
- WRITE (open: You start making furious notes in your songbook, humming a major theme as you put it to paper.
- WRITE (closed): You trace your fingers across the songbook's cover, making aimless swirls to the rhythm of a melody in your mind.
- FOCUS: You flip through your songbook, looking at the familiar notations and well-worn pages with a mixture of fondness and sadness for the memories they bring. Glancing through each page, it occurs to you that you could remove all trace of yourself from the velvet songbook if you were to focus your attention more completely upon it.
- FOCUS: You go back over each of the pages of your songbook, erasing old notations and carefully removing scraps of notes that have accrued over time. When it comes to the sections regarding the songs you have learned you gently remove those leaves from the songbook, making room for someone else to add their own notes. After the last traces of your presence are removed you gently close the cover, trailing your fingers over it with a faint tinge of regret. (this unbonds your songbook)