Item:Aged jade tailband
|aged jade tailband|
|Look:||The antique jade of the tailband has weathered over time, mellowing its deep green with tinges of lighter green and white. Intaglio geometric figures cover the entire surface, the deeper and more rune-like symbols filled with carefully polished bronze.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 1250 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||1 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Long-bladed jade lance, Jade-toned quarter staff, Jade-headed flanged mace, Jade-guarded bronze claymore, Gleaming bronze knife, Basket-hilted bronze warsword|
You focus your magical senses on an aged jade tailband.
The jade tailband has a definite magical pattern.
You recognize the pattern as an unusual manifestation of Elemental magic.
The jade tailband has a subdued and currently passive lattice of unfamiliar Elemental magic, which may be a variation of Earth Manipulation magics.
- gleaming bronze knife
- basket-hilted bronze warsword
- jade-headed flanged mace
- jade-guarded bronze claymore
- jade-toned quarter staff
- long-bladed jade lance
Random atmospheric messaging when in weapon forms.
- A flashing <color> color runs out from <full weapon tap> like water, wrapping around its body in quivering pulses to wheel and dance around the very end of the artifact.
- Strong <color> light streams from the main body of <full weapon tap>, whirling energetically around its shape and revolves brightly around the end, sending out feelers of light.
- <color> light bursts out from <full weapon tap> and shivers energetically, quickly enveloping the entire body to spread out into a blanketing cover of soft coloring all around the weapon.
- Sparks of <color> suddenly pop and crackle forth from <full weapon tap>, whirling energetically around its shape and subtlety swaying around in time to some unheard rhythm.
- <color> vapors extend tentatively outward from <full weapon tap>, spiraling down the length of its mass then swells out into a cloud of hazy light that slowly disperses.
- A flashing <color> color runs out from <full weapon tap> like water, gyrating wildly all around its outline then begins to rotate around the longer axis of the weapon.
Auctioneer Aquolo says, "And now we have a special guest....who needs to demonstrate an item that was NOT sold in the token auction...so everyone listen up"
Marhhgen says, "Goodness, so many people."
Marhhgen says, "Greetings, everyone."
Marhhgen says, "My fellow S'Kra Mur will have likely seen the transforming tailband in Silah's Sundries by now, but probably did not know where they came from. I have here an aged jade tailband that can likewise transform, but into multiple forms. Those found for open sale were made by mages who examined these greater artifacts. These artifacts was most likely made for one of the Rathan kings, possibly before the Imperium. They can transform into six different weapons at the owner's demand and have other deeper magical properties."
Marhhgen removes an aged jade tailband from his tail.
Marhhgen says, "However, the magic only activates completely for S'Kra Mur. Any race can activate the different weapons, and any race with a tail can wear it, but the extended powers will only work for S'Kra Mur. As to that magic, the mages that examined it believe that it will return to the owner under some circumstances, perhaps even unto death. They could not quite determine the meaning of the different colors that the weapons display, so whoever gets this prize will still have a mystery to solve."
Marhhgen tilts his tailband to the side as it begins to flow like a fluid, extruding out into a basket-hilted bronze warsword before taking solid form again.
Sage light bursts out from a basket-hilted bronze warsword and shivers energetically, spiraling down the length of its mass to spread out into a blanketing cover of soft coloring all around the weapon.
Marhhgen says, "The six weapons forms it can take are a light edged and light thrown knife, a medium edge warsword, a heavy blunt mace, a two-handed edge claymore, a lance, and a quarter staff. All the forms have standard 'store bought' statistics, but they are self-repairing. As long as the weapon doesn't break completely, merely returning it to its mundane tailband form will repair it."
Emerald light bursts out from a basket-hilted bronze warsword and shivers energetically, whirling energetically around its shape then swells out into a cloud of hazy light that slowly disperses.
Strong jade light streams from the main body of a basket-hilted bronze warsword, gyrating wildly all around its outline to spread out into a blanketing cover of soft coloring all around the weapon.
The form of Marhhgen's bronze warsword suddenly flows like water, eerily swirling down into the palm of his hand.