|Prerequisites:||Mental Focus, and Cure Disease or Flush Poisons|
|Mana Type:||Life Magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||15 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||80 / 800|
|Valid Spell Target:||PC|
|Duration (min/max):||10 minutes / 40 minutes|
|Description:||Heart Link establishes a vital connection between the Empath and a subject, granting the subject a measure of the Empath's holistic well being. Under the protection of a Heart Link, bleeding is reduced, poisons and diseases are stifled, and the Empath's life force flows outward to replace lost vitality. In previous years Heart Link was feared more than loved, due to its connection to the crippling Nissa's Binding. Advances in spell design have severed the two patterns, rendering Heart Link a purely beneficial spell.|
|Effect:||Vitality damage, Vitality heal, Equalizes the vitality of two linked players, Slows bleeding, poison, disease.|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.
You reach out and touch [Target], linking your heart's rhythm with [Target]'s. You feel her heart shudder as its natural beat is forced to match your own.
- Can be avoided by AVOID TOUCH or DEMEANOR settings towards the empath, as a physical touch is required to cast the spell.
- Does not work on necromancers with high DO, regardless of demeanor settings.
- Works like the Cleric spell Vigil
- Drains vitality from one person to give it to whoever has lesser vitality.
- Empaths can give up to 50% vitality, where as non-empaths can only give until about 80%.
- Heals until 70% vitality is achieved on non-empaths (the empath cannot benefit from the vitality heal and is donor only).
- Empaths can give in combat, but non-empaths cannot.
- A single empath can link to multiple people, including another empath who is heartlinking others.