Fortress of Ice
|Prerequisites:||30th Circle, Frostbite or Ice Patch|
|Mana Type:||Elemental Magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||30 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||250 / 1000|
|Valid Spell Target:||PC, Group, Area|
|Duration (min/max):||<30 minutes / <60 minutes|
|Description:||The Fortress of Ice spell creates a tall ring of impenetrable ice walls which isolate the caster and those closest to him. Though the walls cannot be scaled from outside, footholds on the inside allow escape.|
|Effect:||Creates a private room.|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.|
Four pillars of silvery-blue light form at the cardinal points around you, filling the air with the lethal cold of deep winter. They begin spinning, casting off a glowing blue mist that quickly forms into solid walls.
- Once inside a fortress it is possible to bring people from the outside into the fortress with you. To do this you must first WATCH WALL to see the outside of the fortress. Then prep FOI and cast on the person you wish to bring inside. Group members are automatically entered into the fortress when cast.
- All enemies at pole or melee range with the caster are brought into the fortress.
- Regardless of where the spell is cast, the area inside the fortress is a justice-free zone.
- LOOK WALL will show the outside of the fortress once. WATCH WALL will continue to watch the room outside the fortress for a couple of minutes, and output to the Familiar window if available.
- The duration can be replaced by casting the spell again inside of the fortress. Primary magic skill seems to determine efficiency and messaging: fumbling slightly, with moderate skill, etc. Additional casts will destabalize the spell pattern, to the point where it's impossible to add more power.
- Does not work in some rooms with special movement mechanics (e.g. mazes, water, etc.) Preparing the spell in these areas yields the messaging:
You sense an instability in the spell pattern that may prevent it from working.