Armor:Pair of mail boots formed from interlocking turquiose metal scales
|pair of mail boots formed from interlocking turquiose metal scales|
|Look:||Leather and a thin layer of batting serve both to protect the wearer from getting pinched by the armor as well as provide flexibility to allow easier movement in battle. Black leather straps with copper buckles allow the legwear to be tightened or loosened as necessary. The straps are embroidered with leaping, sinuous fish, perhaps because the mail itself is reminiscent of fish scales.|
|Hindrance:||trivial (/8) / minor (/8) for stealth|
|Protection:||good (5/15) protection and very good (8/17) damage absorption for puncture attacks.|
moderate (4/15) protection and very good (8/17) damage absorption for slice attacks.
good (5/15) protection and very good (8/17) damage absorption for impact attacks.
moderate (4/15) protection and very good (8/17) damage absorption for fire attacks.
moderate (4/15) protection and very good (8/17) damage absorption for cold attacks.
low (2/15) protection and very good (8/17) damage absorption for electrical attacks.
|Construction:||marginally vulnerable (8/18)|
|Appraised Cost:|| 13,858 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||9 length x 2 width x 2 height|
|Sources:||Source is Made for Walking|
- STUDY: You believe the boots' condition will be pretty obvious merely by their appearance. You can TAP, LACE, KICK, and PULL the boots as well as, of course, WEAR and REMOVE them.
- TAP: You click together your heels and the mail boots make an audible thunk as they meet.
- LACE: You tighten the laces on your boots, securing them to your legs.
- KICK: You leap into the air and click your heels together! Your boots make a dull thud against one another.
- PULL: You tug up at the cuffs of your boots, making sure they have not slipped down.
- WEAR: You carefully pull your boots on all the way up to your thigh and flex your knee both to make sure the fit is right and to get a feel for the thick protective gear.
- REMOVE: You struggle to remove your boots, but they come off after some small effort.