Moon Mages 3.1
Revision as of 13:42, 12 May 2014 by ABSOLON
A repository of changes to the Moon Mage guild during the DragonRealms 3.1 updates.
- Casting will now fail if you are already watching another area through whatever means.
- Can now be cast on invisible/hiding targets. This was always intended with Seer's Sense link but never worked. This now follows the same logic as Locate.
- Can now view targets that are inside/without windows as long as it is night time. (Honestly, this is to justify it as a Stellar spell instead of a pure Perception spell...)
- You can now tap the mirror to end the visions.
- You can no longer gaze into a mirror with another form of remote viewing active (Most likely Distant Gaze).
- General rewrite stuff (new messaging, possibly some slightly different results due to behind the scenes changes and whatnot).
- Can now INVOKE SHADOWLING to merge it with your shadow. The shadowling gains protection during the day and mobility with the caster at the cost of becoming a self only effect.
- INVOKE SHADOW will return the shadowling to its normal state.
- Additional messaging when you receive a bonus to the weapon's tier based on your weaponsmithing techniques.
- A further tier bump when the moon's influence is particularly strong.
- Prereqs are now Dazzle or Dinazen Olkar.
- No longer usable during the day
- Generally drains a very low amount of mana for a cyclic spell except when active in combat.
- Generally will act slower than before
- Redid the logic for how constellations influence it's behavior
- Secondary damage changed from fire to impact
- Changed preqs to DO or Burn
- General clean up (In messaging and whatnot)
Steps of Vuan
- Cycle time increased, resulting in a slower reforming but lower mana cost.
- Receiving no messaging at all when releasing this spell while not invisible will be fixed.
- Receiving no messaging when releasing this spell while not invisible will be fixed.
- New spell (release held until Enchanting release)
- Buff to Enchanting skill and Arcana skill
- Requires knowledge of either Piercing Gaze or Aura Sight
- Requires Moongate as a prereq.
- Note: If items are stored in this when the spell preview ends, they will be unavailable until the spell is relearned.
- Prereqs are now Focus Moonbeam and either Dazzle or Dinazen Olkar.
Most sects have an extended duration with one spell as shown below:
- Compact = Cage of Light
- Nomad = Clear Vision
- Pethian = Piercing Gaze
- Progeny = Shadows
- Fortune's Path = Seer's Sense (self cast only)
- Monks = Moonblade (They unlock the tier bonus at a lower threshold of moon strength than others.)
- Heritage House = Unleash (Reduced chance to destroy scrolls.)
- Light-based creatures have been updated. 
- Backtrace no longer requires Locate, it is available to all.
- Crystal Spike is slated to come back as a Stellar spell called Celestial Spike. This will not make 3.1 and may be delayed significantly afterward.
- Shadow Web is not slated to return until a useful purpose for it can be developed.
- Post:Light Creature Update - 02/04/2014 - 10:56
Related Forum Posts