Weapon:Icy-blue blade set with a glacier emerald in its crossguard
|icy-blue blade set with a glacier emerald in its crossguard|
The surface of the icy-blue blade is glassy, almost transparent, and glitters internally with small motes of ever-shifting blue light. A thin layer of water alternately forms and refreezes along its flat surfaces.
|Type:||Light Edged||Medium Edged||Heavy Edged|
|Puncture:||fair (5/28)||poor (2/28)||low (3/28)|
|Slice:||low (3/28)||moderate (7/28)||somewhat heavy (8/28)|
|Impact:||poor (2/28)||low (3/28)||fair (5/28)|
|Fire:||no (0/28)||no (0/28)||no (0/28)|
|Cold:||no (0/28)||no (0/28)||no (0/28)|
|Electric:||no (0/28)||no (0/28)||no (0/28)|
|Force of Impact:||dismally (2/17)||dismally (2/17)||poorly (3/17)|
|Balance:||reasonably (7/17)||fairly (5/17)||fairly (5/17)|
|Suitedness:||inadequately (4/17)||decently (6/17)||decently (6/17)|
|Construction:||marginally vulnerable (8/18)|
|Weight:||18, 31, 35 stones|
|Appraised Cost:||250,000 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||9 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Squat Bungalow (2), Squat Bungalow (1), Extreme Shop, Corik's Secret: Treasures of the Tomb/End loot|
Unlocked through potency crystal use. The weapon starts with tier 3 stats and each potency stone used increases the tier by one to a maximum of 6th tier as well as reducing the roundtime for PUSHing or PULLing to a new form by 5 seconds.
|Skill||Template (after crystal use)||Tier||Punc||Slic||Impa||FoI||Bal||Pwr||Const||Wgt||Kro|
|LE||katar||3rd||05- fair||04- s.fair||02- poor||01- terribly||09- well||03- poorly||09- average||15||??|
|4th||06- s.mod||04- s.fair||02- poor||01- terribly||09- well||03- poorly||11- r.reinforced||15||??|
|5th||06- s.mod||04- s.fair||02- poor||01- terribly||10- v.well||03- poorly||13- h.protected||15||??|
|6th||07- mod||05- fair||03- low||02- dismally||10- v.well||04- inadequately||15- e.resist||15||??|
|ME||scimitar||3rd||02- poor||08- s.heavy||04- s.fair||02- dismally||06- decently||06- decently||09- average||30||??|
|4th||03- low||09- heavy||04- s.fair||02- dismally||06- decently||06- decently||11- r.reinforced||30||??|
|5th||03- low||10- v.heavy||04- s.fair||02- dismally||06- decently||07- reasonably||13- h.protected||30||??|
|6th||03- low||10- v.heavy||05- fair||03- poorly||07- reasonably||07- reasonably||15- e.resist||30||??|
|HE||broadsword||3rd||02- poor||09- heavy||04- s.fair||02- dismally||05- fairly||06- decently||09- average||35||??|
|4th||02- poor||10- v.heavy||05- fair||03- poorly||06- decently||07- reasonably||11- r.reinforced||35||??|
|5th||02- poor||11- great||05- fair||03- poorly||06- decently||07- reasonably||13- h.protected||35||??|
|6th||03- low||12- v.great||06- s.mod||03- poorly||06- decently||08- soundly||15- e.resist||35||??|
You focus your magical senses on an icy-blue blade set with a glacier emerald in its crossguard.
The icy-blue blade has a definite magical pattern, which apparently holds it into its shape.
You recognize the pattern as a manifestation of Elemental magic.
There is a distinct pattern of magic which might allow manipulation of its size by PULLing, PUSHing, or RUBbing.
If rubbed, it has the ability to repair itself slightly which is fully charged.
- PULL: With your free hand, you pull on your icy-blue blade.
- A sound like a roaring winter wind screams from it as layers of ice and frost spontaneously grow, causing it to extend in size!
- <Person> tugs on his icy-blue blade.
- A sound like a roaring winter wind screams from <his/her> icy-blue blade as layers of ice and frost spontaneously grow, causing it to extend in size!
- PUSH: With your free hand, you push on your icy-blue blade.
- A sound like a dying winter wind howls from it as layers of ice and frost splinter and fall off, causing the icy-blue blade to shrink in size!
- <Person> pushes on his icy-blue blade.
- A sound like a dying winter wind howls from <his/her> icy-blue blade as layers of ice and frost splinter and fall off, causing the icy-blue blade to shrink in size!
- RUB: You rub your icy-blue blade and an icy chill runs up your hand, through your arm.
- This verb repairs any damage that the blade has sustained.
- WAVE: You wave your icy-blue blade, sweeping it high over your head in an arc. Small flakes of frost flutter through the air, twirling and dancing until they melt one by one.
- <Person> waves his icy-blue blade, sweeping it high over <his/her> head in an arc. Small flakes of frost flutter through the air, twirling and dancing until they melt one by one.
These items can be bonded.
Ah! This is one of the copies of the legendary weapon 'Snowfang.' Created during the reign of the Emperor Seromond by the magesmith Finolkym, it was the pinnacle of enchantment. Snowfang was made completely of snow and ice but retained the strength of steel, and was capable of taking the form of any bladed weapon. Additionally, it could be invoked to emit a powerful frost blast at will.
This particular blade, however, is likely one of the duplicates created by Finolkym after being commissioned by the Emperor to arm his Telo'Getha. The copies didn't have nearly the power of the original, but still the magesmith was intent on creating weapons of excellence. Obsessed with finding the purest ice for his weapon crafting, Finolkym relocated to Meshor, where he set up a special forge. He managed to create four of these remarkable weapons a year over the course of fifteen, but when a staggering fifty percent of them were lost in a single shipwreck, Finolkym committed suicide.
If this sample came from the lost shipment, the original finder might have the others, too.