Basic research skill note
The base, minimum Arcana to begin research is incorrect - I began researching the first 5 basic projects with a 50 in Arcana as a magic secondary guild. I was also able to begin a basic research project on a magic tertiary (Paladin) at 47 ranks in Arcana. --SHAD1 20:00, 9 July 2019
I can confirm that with 501 arcana, I only have the 7 different basic research options up to High Energy Spellcasting on my RESEARCH LIST. --Kythryn 21:29, 24 May 2014 (CDT)
- Cleaning up article. Previous unsigned comments regarding unlocking.
- (For example, with upper 300s I was only able to cast Ethereal Shield at full prep with a maximum of 8 mana) At less than 100 ranks, you only get Fundamental Research You need 250 Arcana to be able to RESEARCH SORCERY. At 345 Arcana, only one Research option, and all but one (Survivalist) feats are available. At 345 Arcana/298 Warding/419 Magic, using the Agility Symbiosis, I can only cast Ethereal Shield @ 8 mana. To unlock everything likely requires > 500 ranks, and the system isn't finished yet. On top of that, your spell cap drops drastically. SPELL Research unlocks at 1000 Arcana. --GAMERGIRL151 (talk) 11:16, 18 August 2014 (CDT)
I don't think the arcana minimuma are correct; or they must vary by guild. I ahve only 125 arcana but I can research:
Fundamental Research [FUNDAMENTAL] Augmentation Patterns Research [AUGMENTATION] Mana Stream Theory [STREAM] Utility Patterns Research [UTILITY] Warding Patterns Research [WARDING]
A ranger with 714 Arcana doesn't have Mana Field Theory available to research. Is 700 required for magic primary guilds? I'll keep an eye on my research options to see when it becomes available. Also, all types of research seems to take me 12 minutes, not 15 like the page shows. I do research 300, research 300, research 300..and the last time tells me only 120 seconds. I've tried this numerous times with: fund, aug, stream, sorc, util, and ward. - GALLAHAN (talk) 10:57, 09 November 2014 (CDT)
- The time listed for research is the base with a minimum prep Gauge Flow. Putting more mana into it will reduce your research times. I suspect this is why you're seeing shorter times than listed. I'll try to make this clearer on the page.
- As to skill requirements, the list is correct so far for a Moon Mage with 520ish Arcana. It is certainly possible that there's a skill set tier adjustment or possibly it is just listed wrong for that one research option.--ABSOLON (talk) 22:50, 12 November 2014 (CST)
- i can confirm that FIELD is not available at 710 Arcana for my magic prime, so I think that number is incorrect.Ithrios (talk) 16:57, 27 November 2014 (CST)