Image copyright of Simutronics Corporation
|Secondary Skillsets:||Lore, Weapon|
|Tertiary Skillsets:||Survival, Armor|
|Special Abilities:|| Communes, Resurrection,|
| Barbarian - Bard - Cleric - Commoner - Empath - Moon Mage|
The Clerics of Elanthia are a vastly diverse group, as different in their beliefs as there are combinations of the dozens of Immortals that manifest in everyday life. Clerics span the spectrum from the benevolent worshipers of the Light gods to the malevolent minions of the Dark gods, as well as the Keepers of Balance in between.
We are the Priests of War and the Patrons of Peace. We are the menders of the soul and the force that shears it like fresh meat. We are the most feared opponent of the Undead and the summoners of ancient spirits. All are accepted, for in the Cleric guild, there is but one solid doctrine -- You may worship any gods that you wish, as long as your devotion is genuine.
Official InformationDragonrealms Website.
Guild Hall Locations
- The Crossing
- This Guildhall is presided over by the pious Guildleader Esuin. (You can type DIR CLERIC for directions.)
- This Guildhall is guided by the venerable Guildmistress Jelna Sarik. (You can type DIR CLERIC for directions.)
- This Guildhall is nestled within the Vela'tohr Valley and overseen by Guildleader Vecuto.
- This Guildhall is located on the Street of Priests and run by the Sand Elf Guildmaster Anctarcarim.
Skillsets and Common Races
Clerics break down into the following races:
Guilded clerics receive one free technique slot in the Artificing discipline of the Enchanting skill, one free technique slot in the Binding discipline of the Enchanting skill and one free technique slot in the Invoking discipline of the Enchanting skill.
Clerics are the primary conduit between mortals and the gods. A true Cleric must always be conscious to show respect and devotion to the deities of their choice. A Cleric in high favor with his or her gods will find that their magical abilities are enhanced. Likewise, a Cleric who shirks their duties and ignores the gods may find their abilities fading. There are dozens of ritual sequences and puzzles to choose from that allow a Cleric to show their devotion. These methods are as unique and varied as the gods themselves.
Clerics have the unique ability to COMMUNE with the gods in their time of need, calling upon the favor they have earned through their dutiful devotions. Utilizing these abilities will strain the Cleric's favor with their gods, so a wise Priest will continue to show their devotion through rituals, in turn allowing them to commune with the gods more often and for greater benefit.
A list of devotional rites is available for your reference in the Cleric Guild halls, but you will not be able to decipher any rite which you have not yet earned through the completion of holy quests.
Clerics can align themselves to one of the 39 Immortals to receive a bonus to two of the five magic skills (Augmentation, Debilitation, Targeted, Utility, Warding) while receiving a penalty to the other three. See Cleric_3.0#Alignment for a full list.
After completing the appropriate requirements, a cleric can use their attunement skill to INFUSE mana into their learned magical matrices and spells, yielding greater effects, increased integrity or prolonged durations that were impossible before. Infusion is also necessary to complete the ritual of Resurrection, providing a means to find a lost soul of a fallen adventurer.
Soft skill requirements ( Attunement) can count toward your Nth skills.
- Note: The following "mastery" skills never count toward Nth skill requirements, since they affect all or most of the skillset: Defending, Parry Ability, Offhand Weapon, Melee Mastery, Missile Mastery, and Holy Magic. For Clerics, Sorcery and Thievery also do not count towards Nth skill requirements.
Nth skill requirements are met with your top-ranked skills out of the following list of eligible skills:
- Armor: Shield Usage, Light Armor, Chain Armor, Brigandine, and Plate Armor
- Weapon: Small Edged, Large Edged, Twohanded Edged, Small Blunt, Large Blunt, Twohanded Blunt, Slings, Bow, Crossbow, Staves, Polearms, Light Thrown, Heavy Thrown, and Brawling
- Lore: Forging, Engineering, Outfitting, Alchemy, Enchanting, Scholarship, Mechanical Lore, Appraisal, Performance, and Tactics
- Magic: Attunement, Arcana, Targeted Magic, Augmentation, Debilitation, Utility, and Warding
- Survival: Evasion, Athletics, Perception, Stealth, Locksmithing, First Aid, Outdoorsmanship, and Skinning
- Soft Requirements are not counted towards cumulative totals.
A list of Cleric holy visions can be found here.
The monk outside the Crossing Cleric's Guild gives a different message to people entering depending on whether they are a Cleric, and what circle Cleric they are if so.
Non-Cleric (Including Empaths): The monk glances over to you and nods in greeting as you enter the guildhall.
1st: The monk eyes you for a moment before waving you onward to the guild with the words, "Welcome, [Pre-Title] SoandSo, I trust you have not been slacking in your studies?"
10th: The monk nods in greeting and says, "Good day [Pretitle] SoandSo, how are your studies progressing?"
20th: The monk smiles in greeting and says, "It's good to see you're taking your duties to [YourImmortal] seriously."
30th: The monk greets you with a pat on the back and a friendly smile, "You are becoming quite devoted, [Pre-Title] SoandSo. I am sure [YourImmortal] would be quite pleased!"
50th: The monk makes a sweeping gesture with his hand, ushering you toward the guildhall with the words, "Welcome, [Pre-Title] SoandSo! It is good to see you visit us still, even as you grow in the eyes of [YourImmortal]."
70th: The monk's eyes grow wide as he sees you approach. He ushers you inside with a bow and a hearty greeting. "By the gods! It is wonderful to see the elders pass through our humble halls still. Make yourself at home, [Pre-Title] SoandSo."
90th: The monk smiles nervously as you approach and he stammers, "Welcome to our humble guildhall, [Pre-Title] SoandSo. We are honored to be graced by the gift of your visit. May [YourImmortal] bless this occasion!"
106th+: The monk bows humbly with a sweeping gesture toward the guildhall and says, "A High Priest(ess) (Pre-title?) of YourImmortal! It is indeed a marvelous honor to be in your presence, m'[Lord/Lady] SoandSo. Please proceed with the welcome of our entire city."