Post:Blood Magic Messaging Updates
|Blood Magic Messaging Updates · on 12/05/2017 02:13 PM CST||1510|
| Two Blood Magic spells have had messaging updates:
1) The spell no longer persistently messages, messages the room upon ending, or messages the room upon hit. It does still message the room on cast, and is still illegal to use.
2) All still existing messaging has been changed.
3) Ask text has been changed.
The idea here started with the idea to increase the appeal of the spell a bit by removing the overt nature of the spell. Once we decided that, I went for changing the aesthetics to a more literal, invisible curse of the blood rather than an aura of external energy.
The ask text was also elaborated upon a bit to quickly introduce a few concepts of Blood Magic and also explain away why it works on anything, not just things with blood.
1) Messaging has been changed.
2) Ask text has been changed.
The ask text was elaborated upon to explain the "physics" a bit and to add a little snark, but more or less remains the same.
Note,Devour has not been updated with the same new messaging yet. I will edit that spell's messaging after the revised version goes live.
These changes are live everywhere.
|This message was originally posted in Discussions with DragonRealms Staff and Players - Game Master and Official Announcements, by DR-ARMIFER on the play.net forums.|