(Redirected from NOU)
|Mana Type:||Lunar Magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||1 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||0 / 400|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Duration (min/max):||10 minutes / 40 minutes|
|Description:||Noumena refers to an esoteric philosophy which posits that reality can never be directly perceived. The spell itself grants the magician both an innate sense of the movement of the stars and a change in mental disposition very much akin to that belief. Practically, the spell allows a Trader to draw down the power of the stars even when they are obscured by by clouds or, with enough potency, daylight itself.|
|Effect:||Allows Starlight Aura regeneration under cloud cover or in daylight.
Allows spells that use Starlight to be cast during inclement weather.
|Example Messaging:||The spell imbues you with an artifical sense of revelation. The world around you seems somehow both more and less real at the same time, trapped behind an unbreachable wall of perception.|
- This spell has four tiers of effects based on mana:
- Tier 1 (any mana): Lets you cast spells that require starlight without regard to weather. This does not apply to spells that require moonlight.
- Tier 2 (some mana): Regenerate Starlight Aura without regard to weather. There is a penalty to regen in inclement weather, which goes down with mana invested.
- Tier 3 (more mana): Regenerate Starlight Aura without regard to time of day.
- Tier 4 (max mana): Easter egg.
- Noumena can be cast indoors but you will not regenerate Starlight Aura until you're outdoors.
- Noumena's regenerative effects do not extend indoors. Indoors rooms with windows or a view of the sky still count as indoors.
- If you're unsure if you're indoors, use the WEATHER command:
- That's a bit hard to do while inside.: Indoors.
- You glance outside.: Indoors, with a portal to see out.
- You glance up at the sky.: Outdoors
- Heavy cloud cover in inclement weather requires more mana in your spell cast to regenerate SLA (Starlight Aura).
- Note that during some inclement weather, snow for example, clouds won't be mentioned. Assume maximum cloud cover.
- The spell imbues you with an artificial sense of revelation. The world around you seems somehow both more and less real at the same time, trapped behind an unbreachable wall of perception.
- Full cloud cover at night
- The clouds are no match for your revelation. Though they may hinder you, they do not extinguish the stars.
- Full cloud cover at night with sufficient additional mana:
- The clouds are no match for your revelation. Though they may hinder you, they do not extinguish the stars. The subtle energies continue to flow over Elanthia, suffusing your aura.
- Daytime CAST with sufficient mana:
- The Sun also fails to hide the cold reality of the stars. The truth of the Heavens still flows, and so your aura is enriched.
- Daytime 100%+ mana CAST:
- You strain for deeper revelation, to call down true starlight through the veil of the Sun, yet it eludes you. Perhaps you have not yet achieved true understanding. Perhaps there is a reality to perception. You may never know.