Memory of Nature
|Prerequisites:||Circle 40, and Blend or Forestwalker's Boon|
|Mana Type:||Life magic|
|Spell Type:||ritual / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||300 / 800|
|Skill Range (min/max):||250 / 1000|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self, PC|
|Duration (min/max):||30 minutes / 90 minutes|
|Description:||The Memory of Nature spell allows one who is already in tune with the natural world to bring a small fragment of that wilderness within them. This fragment, the eponymous memory, serves to assist the Ranger in keeping in touch with the wilderness even when they travel to areas filled with the taints of civilization. Its effect can only do so much, as Nature is always displeased with those who spend too long away from Her.
The ritual may be performed on other Rangers, though its effectiveness will be diminished.
|Effect:||Maintain your ranger bonus while in non-wilderness areas|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.
Your pattern spreads throughout the area, searching for those things that best represent the natural world. As it completes, you feel suffused with an intimate connection with the area that you know will stay with you wherever you travel.
You feel your deepened connection to nature slip away.
- May require the use of a ritual foci in order to cast depending on your skill.
- Castable on others for a reduced effect.
- As of Magic 3.2 this has increased effectiveness overall, though it is capped at the level of wilderness found at the time of the initial casting.
- This will indirectly bonus your spell casting, will slow the decay of your bonus, and may even allow the casting of wilderness-restricted spells.
- The bonus does not scale. You may not notice a change in the room wilderness settings via PACE. You can more accurately gauge the bonus via DISCERN. A lower spell prep means a higher room wilderness bonus (which is an effective spell casting bonus).
N.B. Wilderness-restricted spells only look at your effective room wilderness setting, so you will only be allowed to cast wilderness-restricted spells if the bonus from MON pushes your personal room wilderness setting to the point where they would normally be allowed. MON does NOT allow for the casting of wilderness-restricted spells per say, but can allow for it in some rooms, depending on their original wilderness settings.