Item:Long-legged muracite stick insect
|long-legged muracite stick insect|
|Look:||The lanky, twig-like form is rendered in a dark green metal, giving the artificial creature an extra level of camouflage perfect for an evergreen forest. The spindly limbs splay outward, each separately posable and accented with dark bronze stripes that meld against the muracite. Two tiny dwalgim eyes of a smoky brown hue glitter on the sides of the head, which is hardly thicker than the body. When viewed from below, the tiny gears and links that articulate the arthropod's body are just barely visible.|
|Dimensions:||1 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Limited Treasures (2)|
- STUDY: As you study the insect, you think you could probably poke, push, pull, turn, wear and remove it.
- POKE: You surreptitiously touch a small lever below the stick insect and it stirs to a semblance of life. The insect casually pulls its own head off, revealing a ball and socket joint for a neck. It tilts the gleaming object in its metallic claws, regarding it solemnly before replacing it atop its body.
- PUSH: You gently push a minuscule button on the stick insect and it sways with a bounce, just like a twig caught in a breeze.
- PULL: Moving subtly, you tilt the stick insect, causing an internal gear to catch. The mechanical creature bobs in place for a moment, appearing remarkably like a genuine twig. Then it pauses and tilts its entire body deliberately, first to the left and then to the right, its tiny eyes glittering.
- TURN: You twist a small gear underneath the stick insect, causing it to take a few quick but jerky steps forward, legs moving in alternate pairs. It stops in place and pivots, rushing back to its original spot, clinging easily with clawed feet.
- WEAR: As you set the stick insect against your shoulder, the legs grip tightly to you, holding it in place.
- REMOVE: The stick insect's legs release their grip upon you, allowing you to pull the mechanical creature free.