Item:Flimsy song scroll
|flimsy song scroll|
|Look:||This is a Bardic scroll, enscribed with the non-magical Bard song "The Ravin'". It must be studied to be used. If it is being read by another, no one but that person can study it.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 125 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||? length x ? width x ? height|
|Sources:||Source is Deeper's Tavern|
You begin to sing "The Ravin'", a tale of mystery, by Rancois Sendaque.
- "Ah, distinctly I remember,
- 'Twas the month Deep' calls Dismember,
- And each guild and order member
- Roared and called for rum galore."
- "I was there in Deeper's Tavern
- With emotions like a cavern,
- Where the sailors were palav'rin'
- O'er a drink or two or more."
- "When we heard above and under,
- From the door, a rap like thunder
- And it struck us all with wonder,
- 'Cause Deep' don't have no door."
- "So we all looked toward the entry,
- Ranger, Cleric, Bard, and gentry,
- Wishin' that we had a sentry,
- Fearin' what fate had in store."
- "When across the threshhold stumbled --
- Or maybe simply tripped and tumbled --
- What seemed a bunch of feathers fumbled
- From a boa Maudie wore."
- "Well, this bunch of threadbare plumage
- Lookin' like an owl's consumage
- Or the first spell of a new mage
- Yelled one word then -- 'Nevermore!'"
- "'Twas a raven filled with passion,
- And its beady eyes were flashin' --
- Had it teeth, they would be gnashin' --
- As it flopped upon the floor."
- "Then, upon its feet arisin',
- Looked around, each sight despisin'
- From the foreground to horizon,
- Spread its wings as if to soar."
- "Then each patron paled and trembled
- For the raven so resembled
- Something Urrem'tier assembled,
- And his future did deplore."
- "But the raven just came trottin'
- To each customer, and swattin'
- At their caps made out of cotton,
- Said, 'Wear hats here -- Nevermore!'
The last note hangs in the air like a whiff of garlicy breath.
This is a parody of Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven."