Item:Dragonfire brocade ashcloak draped with a web of magenta rhodochrosites
|dragonfire brocade ashcloak draped with a web of magenta rhodochrosites|
|Look:|| The exterior of the ashcloak is thickly caked with layer upon layer of grit, soot and dust. Set against the mottled greys and blacks is a tiny, pyramid-shaped clasp of inscribed rhodochrosite.
Underneath, the heavy fabric's low-relief pattern of leaping flames is visible.
|Appraised Cost:|| 2,062,500 Kronars|
|Capacity:||3 length x 3 width x 3 height (200 stones)|
|Sources:||Source is Huldah Shrine prizes 410|
- STUDY: You think that you can FOCUS, INHALE, EXHALE, EAT, HUG, CLEAN, BOW, TURN, and RUB the ashcloak.
- FOCUS: You focus your magical senses on a dragonfire brocade ashcloak draped with a web of magenta rhodochrosites.
- The ashcloak has been underlaid with an elegant Fire Manipulation pattern, its rhodochrosite clasp operating as the enchantment's keystone.
- It is currently dormant.
- INHALE: You gather up the hem of your brocade ashcloak and press it to your nose, sucking in a whiff of ash. It sits in your lungs with only a mild discomfort.
- EXHALE: You snort out your inhaled ash from your nostrils with a peevish huff.
- EAT: You run a finger through the edge of your brocade ashcloak, collecting a wad of ash. In a moment of impulsion, you shove it into your mouth and, despite the foul taste, manage to force a nonchalant smile.
- HUG: You draw a dragonfire brocade ashcloak draped with a web of magenta rhodochrosites tightly around yourself, a light rain of soot falling off of it.
- CLEAN: You brush your hand across the surface of your brocade ashcloak, sending up a cloud of lifeless ash that settles back where it was.
- BOW: You grasp the hem of your brocade ashcloak and sweep it dramatically out as you bow low.
- TURN: Taking up a corner of your brocade ashcloak, you spin rapidly. For a few moments, a spray of pale ash forms a miniature vortex around you.
- RUB: You rub your hand across the rhodochrosite clasp on your brocade ashcloak, clearing a thin layer of ash from it.
<Person> touches a glowing finger to the rhodochrosite clasp of his ashcloak. Translucent lines the color of the gem race down the garment's surface, igniting it in fiery splendor. (Item changes to "a dragonfire brocade ashcloak engulfed in a cataract of luminous golden flames")
- note: Verbs change slightly for a lit up cloak versus one not lit up.
This ashcloak is a devolved imitation of what once was a tool of survival in the Time of the Clans.
At least one fire cabal you remember reading about, consisting of Human and Dwarven mages, chose to live in the too-close proximity of a volcano, due the enormity of Elemental mana it generated. The enchanted ashcloaks they wore defended them from the toxic, sweltering atmosphere for several decades. It is said that, in the end, all of their enchantments -- as well as themselves -- gave out against the forces of nature, and Ushnish smiled.
You are at a loss for the name or location of the volcano, however.