Item:Antiqued leather songbook brimming with pages
|antiqued leather songbook brimming with pages|
|Look:||Peeking from beneath the songbook's pages is a silken bookmark.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 29.500 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||3 length x 2 width x 1 height|
- STUDY (closed): You open the songbook and frown in concentration as you review a performance note, then carefully replace the deep ebony bookmark and close it once more.
- <Person> opens her songbook, furrowing her brow in concentration as she reviews a page or two contained inside. She then replaces the deep ebony bookmark and closes it again.
- STUDY (open): You peer closely at one of the pages of your songbook, murmuring the printed words there under your breath.
- TURN (closed): You place your songbook beneath your arm with practiced ease, ready to begin your performance.
- <Person> places her songbook beneath one arm and takes a deep breath as if to steady herself.
- RUB (closed): You rub at a small wine stain on your songbook's cover with a look of chagrin on your face.
- RUB (opened): You rub a bit of soot off a page that is singed and bloodstained. As difficult as it is to read the history recorded there, you bend your head and begin composing an epic about the occasion that caused it.
- <Person> works at restoring a battle-scarred page. Noticing her, you are reminded that a Bard's work is not all carefree.
- TAP (closed): You drum a rapid beat on your songbook's cover with your fingers, thinking of lyrics to go with it.
- TAP (opened):You tap your fingers absentmindedly on one of the pages of your songbook.
- HUG: You hug your songbook close to you, as if it's an old and cherished friend.
- WRITE (closed): You trace your fingers across the songbook's cover, making aimless swirls to the rhythm of a melody in your mind.
- WRITE (opened): You start making furious notes in your songbook, humming a major theme as you put it to paper.
- FOCUS (Not your bonded songbook) : Opening the songbook, you attempt shuffle through its pages only to find your eyes blurring as you try to read the entries upon existing songs and learned scrolls. You hastily close the leather songbook and rub at your eyes, coming to the conclusion that another bard is already using it. From the look of the handwriting and hastily-jotted name on the inside cover, you guess that this songbook belongs to <Bard's name>.
- FOCUS (1x) (Unbonds songbook): You flip through your songbook, looking at the familiar notations and well-worn pages with a mixture of fondness and sadness for the memories they bring. Glancing through each page, it occurs to you that you could remove all trace of yourself from the leather songbook if you were to focus your attention more completely upon it.
- FOCUS (2x): You go back over each of the pages of your songbook, erasing old notations and carefully removing scraps of notes that have accrued over time. When it comes to the sections regarding the songs you have learned you gently remove those leaves from the songbook, making room for someone else to add their own notes. After the last traces of your presence are removed you gently close the cover, trailing your fingers over it with a faint tinge of regret.